Whats on your wish list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
Whats on your holiday wish list this year? Herp wise or anything for that matter?

I really need/want female Leopard Tortoises! And female Hermanns Tortoises!
Other than that I asked for cooking/baking stuff for my kitchen, well that and some more Bath and Body works stuff. You can never have too much Bath and Body Works scents!

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
I want a Red Foot Tortoise!!! And a Shih Tzu puppy (which is NOT happening as my pup Roxy eats yippee little dogs for breakfast!) Also I want the DVD sets of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I want a perfectly clean house with everything in it's place, including a fully decorated live tree with loads of gifts wrapped in shiny paper with bright bows for my family. The air filled with the smell of a real Christmas tree. So softly in the background is the stero playing Christmas carols (especially Feliz Navidad and Little Drummer Boy). It's so soft you find yourself singing along without knowing why the song has filled your head. The turkey roasting in the oven tickles your taste buds til your almost drooling thinking of the rosemary spiced delight. The table is a lavish delight, with bowl after bowl or platter of mouthwatering food that brings back warm memories of Christmas' past. The sounds of laughter as my children bless me with theirown special blend of delight. My husband coming around behind me and holding me close, as I drink in this golden moment, filling my mind with new memories as the old ones are still swirling in my heart.

That is what I would most want for Christmas. One of those elusive "perfect" Christmas' without the work...lol. Will never happen, but I can dream.

Has been so many years without a "real" Christmas tree...a big evergreen smelling so great and decked out with ornaments from my childhood and my children's. With so many cats/kittens and dogs that's not going to be happening for many years. I can see the shepherd going past and having his kinked curl tail catch the string of lights and pull it all over...of course the kittens playing king of the tree would have already removed most of the breakable ornaments to glittering shards on the floor.

Really what I want most is just some time with all my children. Just being able to sit back and listen to them with each other. To at least in my own heart, believe that once more my Mom is sharing it with us, even if only in spirit.

As for the special shelled gifts I would love to find under the tree...more hingebacks would make me believe in miracles...the same with a DT or two...lol. A pair of leopard torts would be nice, no wrapping needed.:D

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
I'll say it again, you really should write books or something!

Iluvemturts

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Central WI
Oh my goodness Jacqui, that was soo wonderfully put. You really do have the knack for putting words into a picture...

I could always use more female torts but I can't be too greedy since I just got a breeding pair.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Jacqui - Your writing is always so captivating. I want the same thing. If I was to have a pick of tort or tort item that I would have right now, I would like my hubby to build a tort table that I designed. It's a double decker that would help save on space in the cold months.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Oh Jacqui, Lovely, Just eloquently put.

I think I have already gotten some of my Christmas wish already:
I have my baby Greek
My daughter and I are getting to spend 1 day a month just for the two of us – A spa day sort of.
I get to spend time with the Grand kids when I want-(Which is usually every other week I have 5 ages this year 18-15-13-12-11) Just got to see them in a Christmas Parade on Sat. And we go shopping this Weekend.
Oh and my son in law is coming to put up my dog run and Shed in the back yard
And I am thankful for all this
So in the spirit of the season and trying not to be too greedy
My Christmas wish is as follows:
Find a cure for diabetes, Cancer, migraines and Seizures.
End the writers strike so my son in law can go back to work.

Shelled Christmas list:
Make my Echo and Ajax feel better – Vet is putting them on Baytril today.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
*blushes* thanks for all your kind comments.

Crazy of all the wishes requested so far, I hope your wish for your two little ones comes true. Keeping the two little shells in my thoughts and wishes.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Jacqui said:
*blushes* thanks for all your kind comments.

Crazy of all the wishes requested so far, I hope your wish for your two little ones comes true. Keeping the two little shells in my thoughts and wishes.

Thanks Jacqui I do appreciate it.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Just a quick update (see Pneumonia for more info) - Ajax and Echo are getting better. They are more active eating well and no more wheezing. My Christmas Wish is granted.
I'd like to thank all of you who kept Ajax and Echo in your thoughts and wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.