What's your strangest dream or dreams?

Srmcclure

Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma city
Me either.
I'm a very large man. With a completely irrational fear for them.
When I was 19 I lived with 3 guy roommates in a crappy apartment and we had those tube lights in the kitchen with that cheap screen and they thought it would be funny to put a fake roach up there. I screamed like a baby and was trapped in the kitchen until they took it out. They got a really good laugh. I bet Tom would too lol.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
When I was 19 I lived with 3 guy roommates in a crappy apartment and we had those tube lights in the kitchen with that cheap screen and they thought it would be funny to put a fake roach up there. I screamed like a baby and was trapped in the kitchen until they took it out. They got a really good laugh. I bet Tom would too lol.
@Tom loves roaches.
He nearly talked me into starting up a colony for my Chameleons.
Nearly.
Luckily they became illegal in Florida at about that time.

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
@Tom loves roaches.
He nearly talked me into starting up a colony for my Chameleons.
Nearly.
Luckily they became illegal in Florida at about that time.
I would have nightmares for the rest of my life! My fear is totally irrational as well, but I will actually cry. My friend in college had to keep a hissing cockroach for a class and my boyfriend at the time chased me with it in the critter keeper and I had an involuntary reaction and kicked him when he sat on me with it in his hand.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I would have nightmares for the rest of my life! My fear is totally irrational as well, but I will actually cry. My friend in college had to keep a hissing cockroach for a class and my boyfriend at the time chased me with it in the critter keeper and I had an involuntary reaction and kicked him when he sat on me with it in his hand.
Yep! It doesn't matter that it won't hurt you. The panic is there anyway.

When we got married, my husband and I made a pact, (in addition to our vows), that we would never prank each other re' our phobias. He was responsible for big bug obliteration, and I was responsible for snake removal. Over the years he was kept busier than me, but my services were occasionally required.

We were a pair...he would come by with some 6 or 8 legged monstrosity in a kleenex and I would run, squealing, as far away as I could get. Then I would be holding some poor harmless snake to go release it, and he would squeal and take off.

It's been a year...oh how I miss him! ? ??

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city

When we got married, my husband and I made a pact, (in addition to our vows), that we would never prank each other re' our phobias. He was responsible for big bug obliteration, and I was responsible for snake removal. Over the years he was kept busier than me, but my services were occasionally required.

We were a pair...he would come by with some 6 or 8 legged monstrosity in a kleenex and I would run, squealing, as far away as I could get. Then I would be holding some poor harmless snake to go release it, and he would squeal and take off.

I'm sorry ?

It sounds like you were a great team. Very well balanced. My husband rescues me from all those as well.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I bet they had some strange dreams after that! :eek:
Yea. A doc I met later in life wanted to hear every detail. By the time I tried to tell my true story we were worn out. From rolling on the floor! Laughing out loud!!! I'm sorry I gave my resident a trial by fire. Poor guy. Sometimes, even if you're little,...

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

?

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
The last few nights I dreamed I was a custodian at a school I worked at when I was a teenager.
Not actually employed there. But cleaning most of the school just to help out.
I'm very generous in my dreams.
Well, you're pretty darn generous in real life, too. :)