Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
preston897 said:
oh yea i understand. i figure in the summer i will have to buy hay. but what would be a good idea for green plants in the winter? what growns good in the winter? as far as the indoor cage goes when he is young...could i plant some grasses in small pots in there so he can just graze inside of his cage?

My point was that when your Bermuda goes dormant (turns brown), that's the dry grass fiber they'll need and they like it...hay will be merely a supplemental item.

preston897

5 Year Member
does the green bremuda have as much fiber as the dried stuff? if it does not what do you reccomend for the fiber during the summer when it is green?

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
evanbarrack said:
All the natural and the vegetables are good enough for your torts. You can feed them the wheatgrass. It is the best for then and can get the supplemenets from it.

Vegetables should be given as treats...you know, a weekly thing, like watermelon or strawberries...Now if by vegetables you mean 'greens' that's a different story.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
The absolute BEST for them is endive and escarole (just another type of endive)...and radicchio adds a little color to the mix...hey SPRING MIX...found in the refrigerated section of your supermarket's produce section (with the premade salad bags). But I do use fresh...NEVER out of a bag...but that's just me;)

Status
Not open for further replies.