when to let your sulcatas outside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobeanator

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
northern new york
i was wondering when its alright to let sulcatas to their outside enclosure. i let mine outside today, and it was in the 60's or so but it was so nice out and it seemed really warm and the sulcatas loved it. is it alright to let them out or is it too early? i live in upstate ny and it seems warmer than what it is.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Mine live outside 100 % of the time. They have thier heated houses and if its cold they dont go out or they go out and come in when they are ready. Pretty smart...

M

Maggie Cummings

It really depends on how old they are to me...Bob is 15 and 90 pounds or so, and I mostly let him decide. It's still raining here but it was about 60 today and he went out. But for a baby or yearling I want it to be 70 or more and dry...not raining or having rained...

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
We have really warm days that are only 60s, my sulcata and leopards are 6months old, and i let them out when its like 65ish. I have checked the temps when its that cold, and the ground is usually 90s-100s, there shells get to 90s after they bask. The sun does a great job to warm them up

jobeanator

10 Year Member!
northern new york
yeah the only days i let them out is when its a calm sunny day and the suns out mostly all day. they seem to enjoy it alot, ill make sure to take pictures for everyone.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
I am in NJ. You are a bit colder than us yet but I usually let them out if it is about 65 or above and sunny. They love to be out that is for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.