When would you ship??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Belchertown Ma
HI all,
I have had tons of folks wanting my 2 poor russians, who by the way are unbelievable!! Eating everything and just enjoying life. I was wondering since they do hibernate and can tolerate the cold,could shipping once we will have a few days of 50 predicted be OK? Not that it's predicted anytime soon, I think we are in for 4 more storms, or something like that. Already have had 9 feet of snow!!!
Thoughts please!
Thanks Nay

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
I also live in the Northeast so my shipping is very much at the mercy of our temperatures. I cannot usually ship from about early November until late March. I will not ship if the temperatures at either my end or the receiving end are forecast more than a couple degrees below 50. I would also use a heat pack for anything below 60 simply because you don't know what cold loading dock, trailer or other location that a box may be sitting in for several hours during transition.

johanna

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
I live in ND and have recieved shipments in the upper 30's-low 40s and with heat packs and overnight shipping (by 10am). They always arrive nice and toasty. Granted they were snakes and not tortoises. ND shipping is April-Oct.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I personally would wait until it warms up. I know heat packs work quite well, but I just see waiting until late spring early summer, as the best option for the russians, they have already suffered a lot coming here, no need to put them through more. if you were closer to me I would come and pick them up myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.