Where can I get safe hibiscus for my star tortoise in USA

Thundersnow

Location (City and/or State)
Kentucky
Hi all,
I want to get my 5 month old Indian Star Tortoise Squirt safe hibiscus to eat. I see lots of varieties and I looked on the tortoise table(UK) I can’t find those here in the USA. I’m even willing to grow them from seeds if anyone knows what kind of hibiscus is safe and where to buy the plants and/or seeds to grow my own. This Attachment is a list from the UK TortoiseTable. I need the hibiscus available here in the USA. Thanks

Attachments

• C1C36DC3-8730-41B9-9A40-FC0538E17C57.png
    C1C36DC3-8730-41B9-9A40-FC0538E17C57.png
    295.4 KB · Views: 5

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Hi all,
I want to get my 5 month old Indian Star Tortoise Squirt safe hibiscus to eat. I see lots of varieties and I looked on the tortoise table(UK) I can’t find those here in the USA. I’m even willing to grow them from seeds if anyone knows what kind of hibiscus is safe and where to buy the plants and/or seeds to grow my own. This Attachment is a list from the UK TortoiseTable. I need the hibiscus available here in the USA. Thanks
Rose of Sharon is the most common in our area. If you can find a neighbor with a bush you can take cuttings from them. @Kapidolo Farms farms sells a good dried hibiscus too. If you buy a hibiscus from a nursery make sure it's not the tropical type, they won't survive the winter.

Thundersnow

Kentucky
Rose of Sharon is the most common in our area. If you can find a neighbor with a bush you can take cuttings from them. @Kapidolo Farms farms sells a good dried hibiscus too. If you buy a hibiscus from a nursery make sure it's not the tropical type, they won't survive the winter.
I did get dried baggies of rose hips,hibiscus and prickly pear cactus from Kapidolo. Good stuff. A nearby nursery has hibiscus perennials but I don’t know if those plants are toxic