Where can I view large indoor tables that are unique

Lynn1957

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alberta
I want to build my year boy a 10x4 new table that is raised up off the floor and will blend in nice to a family room. Looking for really nice unique ideas or better yet photos.
We are in a cold climate so he can never be outside. I would love to view him from chair level but I know him seeing out is not acceptable.

Lynn1957

5 Year Member
Alberta
Best way- just use your imagination. Making cool table is easy ;)
You can check my idea for table in my home. I made it by myself without photos of any other tables
https://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/table-for-baby-sulcata-and-russians.170878/

Those really are beautiful! It’s what I have invisioned in my mind, but I have read on numerous sites (including this forum) that putting glass on even one side is really bad for them. What’s are your thoughts on that?

Cardi

Poland
Those really are beautiful! It’s what I have invisioned in my mind, but I have read on numerous sites (including this forum) that putting glass on even one side is really bad for them. What’s are your thoughts on that?

You can ask in my topic

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If you find being able to see out through the glass bothers the tortoise, you just tape up a strip of paper so he can't see out. No need to cover the whole glass, just a strip at tortoise eye level.

MPappagallo

Myrtle Beach, SC
I want to build my year boy a 10x4 new table that is raised up off the floor and will blend in nice to a family room. Looking for really nice unique ideas or better yet photos.
We are in a cold climate so he can never be outside. I would love to view him from chair level but I know him seeing out is not acceptable.
You've probably already come up with a bunch of ideas by now...but here is a table I just built....

Attachments

• IMG_20190712_203003.jpg
    IMG_20190712_203003.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20190712_203038.jpg
    IMG_20190712_203038.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 26

MPappagallo

Myrtle Beach, SC
I love this ! Well done you, that must have taken some time.

How did you build the ramp ?
Thanks. I made the ramp out of a piece of 1/4" thick plywood, cut it to length, and then glued popsicle sticks every inch like treads. Then I stained the whole thing, and sealed it with a wood sealer to make it easier to keep clean. Really simple...and yet sturdy!

MPappagallo

Myrtle Beach, SC
Thanks. I made the ramp out of a piece of 1/4" thick plywood, cut it to length, and then glued popsicle sticks every inch like treads. Then I stained the whole thing, and sealed it with a wood sealer to make it easier to keep clean. Really simple...and yet sturdy!
And I forgot the most important part....the railings are made with the leftover trim railings from the top of our kitchen cabinets. LOL You can buy them at most cabinet stores. I just cut them to length.