Where can you buy dandelion greens?

erniethetortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I wanted to see if anyone knew where you can buy dandelion greens(not seeds) because everywhere i look online they're seeds.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Your produce dept. may list it as chickory.

erniethetortoise

Florida
Online it says Publix and Whole Foods carry them but when I put in my location it says there are none available at this location

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Ernie’s owner, I wouldn’t worry too much about what the online site says, at least not for Whole Foods. Go to their lettuce and greens section and poke around. You’ll likely find a large bundle of long leafy greens that looks nothing like the dandelions you’re used to. They might have green stems or red stems like the one in this picture.

If you can’t find them, you’ll be fine taking home a head of chicory, endive, radicchio, frisee, or escarole; they are dandelion relatives.

Attachments

• D3F958BD-546F-4F0B-BC5F-1A0440ABCED7.jpeg
    D3F958BD-546F-4F0B-BC5F-1A0440ABCED7.jpeg
    29.9 KB · Views: 43

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Where in Florida are you?

If you have a latino market near you they might carry cactus pad, labeled “nopales.” I’m not sure if it’s a popular food in Cuban cultures; I’ll have to visit a latino market the next time I’m in Florida.

Gary46

Asian markets or international markets also carry it in the produce section. I always see dandelion in Korean markets. Hit or miss in Japanese or Chinese markets.

erniethetortoise

Florida
Where in Florida are you?

If you have a latino market near you they might carry cactus pad, labeled “nopales.” I’m not sure if it’s a popular food in Cuban cultures; I’ll have to visit a latino market the next time I’m in Florida.

Parkland Florida near Coral Springs

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Asian markets or international markets also carry it in the produce section. I always see dandelion in Korean markets. Hit or miss in Japanese or Chinese markets.

Always a good suggestion! Parkland looks to be fairly low in Asian demographics but I’d certainly do a Google search for “Asian market” and see what pops up.

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA

Kimmers000

5 Year Member
Tacoma, WA
Locally I can find them at Whole Foods and also a small health food store that has a produce section.