Where do i go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harley

5 Year Member
Ok I know from the previous thread there is a rescue group. And they need help with people looking on craigslist to see if there is a tort that needs help or just someone that needs more information. Where do I go to talk to them? Plus I was just looking around on craigslist and there is one in Michigan that needs help. This tort is 2 years old and being kept in a bird cage. The owner is fixing to be homeless and go into a shelter and really needs someone to take this tort. What do I do? I live in Arizona so there is no way I can take it. Please let me know thank you!

looneybug

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
el cajon ca usa
I want to know the same stuff and what's the link for the tortoise.I can't go get him but if there is shipping options or something I can be a middle man for like a day or two

Harley

5 Year Member
looneybug said:
I want to know the same stuff and what's the link for the tortoise.I can't go get him but if there is shipping options or something I can be a middle man for like a day or two

I sent him a email to find out if he still has it. I realized after I sent the email it was the beginning of the month so he might be gone already (which would be good) so gonna see if he emails back. But here is the link http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/pet/3516950888.html

I just don't understand how someone can leave a tort in such a small enclosure. Where's the lights? I have a 20 allow tank and I can't wait to get something bigger, I can NEVER imagine having my Harley in a bird cage

looneybug

5 Year Member
el cajon ca usa
Well the cage isn't as bad as some and it seems like they really want it to have a good home I don't have the money to buy it or I would. At least he is still tiny so he has time to recover from this

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
If he still has it we have a mod in that state that could possible help. But that could just be wishfull thinking on my part too.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I sent them an email with some advice on the changes that should be made for the tortoise. Also, hoping he will pass the info on to the new owners when he is sold. That's one of the things you should do when you see a tortoise needing help. If done in a nice and helpful way, it usually is taken as such. Then, hopefully, while they are finding the new home, the tortoise will actually be taken care of in the proper way. As for the thread your looking for, I believe this is it. http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-57046.html

lkwagner

5 Year Member
Yes I saw that tort too! It is sooo small for its age :(

I live in Michigan and I emailed the person in Michigan with the super small 2 year old sulcata. I told them I would be happy to take in the tort but without the rehoming fee so we will see what they say!

Status
Not open for further replies.