where do you buy your mazuri

Status
Not open for further replies.

SANDRA_MEISSNEST

5 Year Member
I was wondering where you guys buy yours at?
truthfully mine never ate it before because I never knew about it, so should I still buy it for them now there are five years old, if so which brand is good and where would I buy it from thanks guys
Sent from my ZTE N9120 using TortForum mobile app

Saleama

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Irving Texas
I picked up a pound of it at Petco yesterday but it is expensive. Online you can get 5 pounds for around $25. Petco 1 pound is $15. My babies didn't know what to do with it. They picked at it but did not eat it. Oh, and Mazuri is the brand name.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I buy mine from the local feed store. They order it for me as needed. I use about 4 big bags per year for all my guys. I pay about $30, including sales tax, for a 25 pound bag.

For smaller amounts, I'd go to Tyler at tortoisesupply.com. Then you could order some seed mix at the same time!

stinax182

5 Year Member
Springfield, Massachusetts
i buy off ebay, relatively small amount for cheap....not sure on the price offhand though. it stores well so you can keep it longer. personally, my tortoise is currently on a food strike of anything BUT mazuri >.< but i hear finely chopping their favorite food and mixing it with mazuri will entice them. I've recently seen a thread saying you should try crushing the pellets up dry and sprinkling it on food.

Sent from my MB886 using TortForum mobile app

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
I am right there with Tom. Feed store orders it for me I put it in gallon freezer bags a freeze it until I need it

SANDRA_MEISSNEST

5 Year Member
Thanks guys.
How long does it stay fresh? Do i have to freeze it?
also Tom what kind of you seed mix?
sorry for my dumb questions

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Not dumb questions at all.

I don't freeze it, so can't answer that one for ya'. It will last for several months if sealed and at room temp.

I like the "Testudo Seed Mix" from tortoisesupply.com, and the "Premium Pasture Mix" from groworganic.com. All good stuff for sulcatas.

reatrocity

5 Year Member
West Virginia, United States
Could anyone link me to the item you guys are talking about? Have *no* idea what it is. :p

Feels silly asking, just never heard of it I guess. I did buy some calcium + vit D3 tortoise supplement for when my tort arrives this week. Is it something similar to that? What are the benefits of it?

Thanks!

skottip

10 Year Member!
Florida
Sandra and Charlie, there is a feed store in Wellington I think. I will get you the address.
Cheaper than you can get it anywhere else..
Scott

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
Not to interfere with anyones on-line business, but if you can pick it up at the feed store you would be saving yourself some money. Now if you just want a few pounds then buying it on-line is the way to go. I only go through a bag every six to eight months. So, that is why I buy the big bag and freeze what I am not using at the time. I leave one bag out freeze the rest. Did not mean to confuse you on the freezing part.

SANDRA_MEISSNEST

5 Year Member
Perfect thanks .scottip please that would be great if you can send me the address I'm there all the time.
and thanks for the seed mix suggestion, I will get that as well maybe I can get it at the feeding store in Wellington

well my Sullies eat a lot so that would be perfect for them mixing it in their food

dds7155

5 Year Member
If you can't find it ,buy it from mazuri,,, it's only 9.95 for shipping a 25lb. bag ,you get it in 3 or 4 days,,,it fresh from the maker,,

Status
Not open for further replies.