where ive been...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobeanator

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
northern new york
i know most people dont know too much about me, but i thought id give a update on my life and what im doing. ive finally decided to go to college for animal management, which i plan on being a zoo keeper with this degree. i've been so busy with it lately i havent been on as much but now i have my schedule down ive got more time for tortoise forum. just thought id let everyone know, since i know (i think?) someone else is in a zoo type program at school. let me know if you like the zoo keeping program your taking at school. thanks for listening! -joby

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
I am glad you are doing good :) What kind of classes do you have, I am curious, I am sure it is super interesting! Thanks for the update :)

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
I am a Moorpark Graduate from way back when.. ( School in southern calif) I took the EATM course. Its MUCH different now. but i loved the expereince then.
I got involved in Rescue and Conservation. I posted a recent pic of what I did.. in the off topic section. Yosemite and Jaguar babies.. :) i still keep friends and commections and hope to get back into being active.
There isnt much money in it. It has to be a passion and part of life.
Where are you going to school?

M

Maggie Cummings

Joby, it's nice to hear from you, I wondered where you were...

jobeanator

10 Year Member!
northern new york
its good to hear from you guys :D im going to school at jefferson community college, its like one of 6 colleges that offer the program im into. the college is right near me so i can commute which saves me some money. i absolutely love the program, i eventually want to get into a zoo where i can work with reptiles and amphibians, preferably tortoises. theres a zoo near me, about hourish away the rosmond gifford zoo, and they keep radiated tortoises there and id die to be able to work with them everyday. i brought up tortoise forum the other day to my professor basically telling him how i was a nerd and spend 24/7 on this forum haha. i will try to take some pics for everyone to show you all the animals ill be working with in my program. i promise ill be on here more since i miss my tortoise forum peeps!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Welcome back Joby, Glad to hear from you. I too have been away for quite some time but I remember you. congrats on making the decision to persue your passion and Good luck. Please do keep us all updated. Looking forward to those pics

jobeanator

10 Year Member!
northern new york
as soon as im able to get to work with tortoises from my degree it will all be worth it. im the only person in my class that seems to be interested in tortoises some people have never even heard of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.