where should his water be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steven

5 Year Member
I was wondering where my sulcata's water bowl should be? Its on the cold side now and he rarely goes in it. Should I put it closer to warm side to keep it warm? Where do you have your water located?

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
I always keep my water dishes as close to the heat source as possible. I usually have a heat lamp hanging directly over it. This means it evaporates and you have to fill it often, but it keeps it nice and warm and raises the humidity.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
My water dish is very close to the CHE. I don't have it underneath just in case he flips over and doesn't over heat under the CHE. I can't see my guy flipping over in the dish but I worry.

MatrixDJ

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Kristina said:
I always keep my water dishes as close to the heat source as possible. I usually have a heat lamp hanging directly over it. This means it evaporates and you have to fill it often, but it keeps it nice and warm and raises the humidity.

That is a smart idea! I have a baby Greek but I have mine near the CHE also and not under the lamp. Never thought about the humidity it causes though...

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
I also put my dishes mid enclosure, closer to the MVB or heat source. This way the water warms up a bit but it is not right under the bulb. You do have to add water, but that is a good thing!

nikki0601

5 Year Member
Bonifay, FL
I put my Sullys water right next to his basking area, the 90 degree area, dont want it to get chilled, it does evaporate quickly but I just make sure to keep an eye on it

Sulysize1.jpg

steven

5 Year Member
Thanks for all the input. I like the idea of it evaporating for humidity, I guess when I rehydrate the coir I will move his water bowl around. I hope he likes the new set up!

phantoms

5 Year Member
Wilmington DE
I just changed my guys setup around some. I keep his water bowl under the heat source also for the humidity factor.

steven

5 Year Member
Post some pics of your setup and tort

Here is my enclosure
enclosure.jpg
and as for pics of him I haven't gotten them off my nice camera. This was with my phone. but it will be changed this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:

nikki0601

5 Year Member
Bonifay, FL
Nice, but wheres the tort, lol, i love the pics of Sulcatas

LOL, sorry I didnt read below the pic till just now, u explained why u didnt post pics of him, my bad

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
i keep my Greeks and Gupta's food bowl real close to heat sources, I think tortoises prefer warm water to cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.