Where The Heck Is Grampa Turtle?

xMario

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
Last seen Oct 1 when the app vanished.
I also miss him... I miss all the people who left the forum since the app is gone
Many dont come here often anymore..
it's quiet too quiet...

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I hope they know they can still use rhe phones to get on the forum without using the app. I found the app much more difficult.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm assuming my Kindle is like a phone. I access the Forum through the web on my Kindle when I'm in the bedroom end of my house, and through the web on my computer when I'm at the other end of my house. The Kindle version is a bit different from the computer version, but it's not hard to use.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
@Grandpa Turtle 144 and I also have not seen @orv in quite some time.
I spoke with Orv in the beginning of October. He and his wife had been on an extended vacation (for months). They were back home and doing fine.

While gone, he had received the weekly forum digest, but had not posted at all.

He said he was coming back on, but I don't know how he accessed the forum. Maybe he doesn't know how? I might give him a call, and tell him he is missed.

I can't help but wonder if Josh considered how many members would leave. Anyone who is online is being tracked all the time. We should have been notified of his concerns, then given a choice to continue as we were.

Last edited:

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hopefully, nobody has hurt either of them. Some member, I regret to say, leave TFO due to hurtful posts, misunderstandings and so on.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I'm assuming my Kindle is like a phone. I access the Forum through the web on my Kindle when I'm in the bedroom end of my house, and through the web on my computer when I'm at the other end of my house. The Kindle version is a bit different from the computer version, but it's not hard to use.

I think part of the problem (for some folks) is the overall screen size. Two issues - 1. the forum just looks different/formatted different so you get odd things happening and 2. the small screen of a phone makes the overall experience less enjoyable (small text, small pix). I’m glad TFO works well on iPads....that’s all I use.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I think part of the problem (for some folks) is the overall screen size. Two issues - 1. the forum just looks different/formatted different so you get odd things happening and 2. the small screen of a phone makes the overall experience less enjoyable (small text, small pix). I’m glad TFO works well on iPads....that’s all I use.
You are correct on both counts. A BIG issue for me is no push notifications. I really don't want an email every time someone posts.