Where to buy a western Hermanns

jumper1976

Location (City and/or State)
Yucca Valley CA
Hey new to the site and to tortoises. I am in Southern California but don’t mind buying online. I am doing my research and one thing I am struggling with is where to buy from. I am looking for a western hermanns and there are quite a few places online but looking for advice on good reputable places. Thanks.

jumper1976

Yucca Valley CA
I purchased my Eastern Hermanns from Garden State Tortoise. You will need to place a prepaid order but I think Chris Leone is widely respected
Thank you. I am pushing for a western due to the max size difference between the two sub species. How big did your eastern get?

TeamZissou

Albuquerque, NM
You may be waiting a year from GardenStatedTortoises if you try to order now.

GB tortoises had 4-5 Tuscans a while back on Fauna Classified. Not sure if he has more, but it would be worth contacting him first.

ArizonaTortoiseCompound.com has five Sardinians in stock currently.

JoFisch

Platinum Tortoise Club
Washington
Thank you. I am pushing for a western due to the max size difference between the two sub species. How big did your eastern getmy
My eastern is a hatchling. I know the westerns are smaller but more difficult to come by and more expensive. I believe that the recommended enclosure size is the same for both as adults.