Where to buy an Egyptian Tortious

tortoisepartent

Location (City and/or State)
IN
In search for an Egyptian Tortious. I came across many scammy websites and I am looking for the real, safe, and trusted breeder/ website I can visit.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
In search for an Egyptian Tortious. I came across many scammy websites and I am looking for the real, safe, and trusted breeder/ website I can visit.
Be very careful that you don't get scammed. As Eric said, after May first 2023, you cannot sell them across state lines without a CBW license, which, of course, the government won't give you anymore.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
You only have until May 1st before you can only buy in your state.
Wow. I am picturing a big "interstate rush" going on now before that dreaded deadline!?

Tortenkainen

Provo, UT
On this same topic: Does anybody know breeders of Egyptians in Idaho or Utah? I have a young female and want to know who my neighbors are, people I can go to for advice, or possibly purchase more Egyptians from down the line.
My wife and I had this dream of helping to conserve the species because I grew up with them in Cairo (part of a conservation program) and become breeders, but that's looking impossible now unless we move - WHICH ISN'T OUT OF THE QUESTION!!!
So if you know of any breeders or even owners of Egyptians in Idaho or Utah or close by, I'd really appreciate being able to get to know them. Thanks!

Etort

Colorado
On this same topic: Does anybody know breeders of Egyptians in Idaho or Utah? I have a young female and want to know who my neighbors are, people I can go to for advice, or possibly purchase more Egyptians from down the line.
My wife and I had this dream of helping to conserve the species because I grew up with them in Cairo (part of a conservation program) and become breeders, but that's looking impossible now unless we move - WHICH ISN'T OUT OF THE QUESTION!!!
So if you know of any breeders or even owners of Egyptians in Idaho or Utah or close by, I'd really appreciate being able to get to know them. Thanks!
I have a few and am located in Colorado :)

taz3220

MEDFORD NJ
Hello,

Long time follower just signed up. Been a animal lover since day one. Wondering if anyone has any egyptian tortoises or anything similar in size. I live in NJ and would love one. I currently own some snappers and chameleons all indoor. Looking forward to hearing from everyone 😀 Thanks

G-stars

5 Year Member
Southern California
Can I drive to California or do I have to be a CA resident.
Buyer must have a valid California ID/ driver license in the state that they are buying the Egyptian tortoise from. However, you can cross state lines with them if you already own them. For example if you live in California and bought some Egyptians in California, then you move to Arizona. You can legally take them with you.