where to buy cypress mulch

baldegale

anyone have some recommendations on where to buy cypress mulch? (thats not forest floor) cause places like home depot and lowes are all cypress mulch ‘blends’ and i have no idea if that’s safe or not

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Yeah, the blends usually contain some pine. @Will has some he's selling.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I think that because of how its harvested, cypress mulch is usually a blend since there's a strong possibility that there will be material other than cypress included.

baldegale

I think that because of how its harvested, cypress mulch is usually a blend since there's a strong possibility that there will be material other than cypress included.

makes sense, it just sucks cause forest floor is super expensive

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Walmart usually has cypress mulch (not the mix) when their garden centers start stocking up in early spring. I get mine from a farm and feed store in southern Maryland, they usually have it in stock year round.

baldegale

Walmart usually has cypress mulch (not the mix) when their garden centers start stocking up in early spring. I get mine from a farm and feed store in southern Maryland, they usually have it in stock year round.

i might be able to find a place like that here. being that i live in southern tennessee walmart is already stocking their garden center

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
What you can get (blend or 100%) and the cost vary by region. In southern California pet shops sell a 3 cubic foot bag (100%) for $45, I sell the same for $18. When I lived in Philly I could get it for $3.99 a 2 cu foot bag.

The partial pallet and whole pallet blends from Home Depot are not delivered to California. it's a racket of some sort.

I got an LTL to my house. $18/ 3 cu foot bag, I'll deliver 10 bags within a google maps hour of Carlsbad CA for $200 prepaid to my PayPal.

baldegale

What you can get (blend or 100%) and the cost vary by region. In southern California pet shops sell a 3 cubic foot bag (100%) for $45, I sell the same for $18. When I lived in Philly I could get it for $3.99 a 2 cu foot bag.

The partial pallet and whole pallet blends from Home Depot are not delivered to California. it's a racket of some sort.

I got an LTL to my house. $18/ 3 cu foot bag, I'll deliver 10 bags within a google maps hour of Carlsbad CA for $200 prepaid to my PayPal.

so youre saying the blends are alright to use? also, i think im a little bit further than an hour ;) IMG_7937.JPG