Where to buy plants.

Location (City and/or State)
Maryville Tennessee
I am looking to buy desert plants that are safe to replant and eat right away for my Hermanns tortoises table. Is there a website where I can order them.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
This doesn't exist. You have to grow them yourself, or take cuttings from long established plants.

All new decorative plants are grown with systemic pesticides. These toxins are taken up by the plant and can't be rinsed off. It can take a year for the toxins to sufficiently dilute.

The only exceptions would be plants intended for human consumption.

It also occurs to me: Why do you want desert plants? Those won't do well in your area, and your tortoise is not a desert species. If you are housing it like a dry loving species, you will run into serious problems.

Maryville Tennessee
This doesn't exist. You have to grow them yourself, or take cuttings from long established plants.

All new decorative plants are grown with systemic pesticides. These toxins are taken up by the plant and can't be rinsed off. It can take a year for the toxins to sufficiently dilute.

The only exceptions would be plants intended for human consumption.

It also occurs to me: Why do you want desert plants? Those won't do well in your area, and your tortoise is not a desert species. If you are housing it like a dry loving species, you will run into serious problems.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Well I actually mean the plants that are recommended like succulents and prickly pear cactuses etc.

Here is a great source: