Where to buy razor back musk turtles

OsideJuju

Location (City and/or State)
Oceanside CA
Hi all,

New to the forum and I have tried searching for a similar thread already so apologies if one is somewhere out there and I didn't find it. My daughter wants a razor back musk turtle. We live in San Diego and I looked for local stores (even in LA) but no luck. My daughter found reptile city online and I placed an order. After 2 months and several frustrating calls I am giving up on them. I should have researched them as a business first to see that there are several complaints. With lessons learned, I am trying to find a reputable and responsible breeder/business. Could anyone please direct me to a dealer or better yet anyone in Southern CA looking to sell a razor back musk turtle? Thanks for any help!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I’ll give you another thread bump Monday morning to help get your post to the top.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I recommend first going to the Forum Marketplace section on our forum. If you go to the “For Sale” section, you can find a thread titled “Read Before Buying; Tips to Avoid Scams.” It will be helpful wherever you buy from.[emoji2]

I’m pretty sure there are members here who sell razor back musk turtles or know someone who does. It can sometimes take a while for people to respond, especially if they have jobs or school!
You can also post in the “Wanted” section that you want to buy a razor back musk.
I don’t see them sold here often, but I know there ARE some. I’ll see what else I can find for you. [emoji2][emoji106]

Paschendale52

5 Year Member
I bought my musk turtle from Underground Reptiles about a year and a half ago. They called to check on them when they arrived and were very nice. I've read some things about them that weren't good, but my experiences have been just fine.

zovick

10 Year Member!
Hi all,

New to the forum and I have tried searching for a similar thread already so apologies if one is somewhere out there and I didn't find it. My daughter wants a razor back musk turtle. We live in San Diego and I looked for local stores (even in LA) but no luck. My daughter found reptile city online and I placed an order. After 2 months and several frustrating calls I am giving up on them. I should have researched them as a business first to see that there are several complaints. With lessons learned, I am trying to find a reputable and responsible breeder/business. Could anyone please direct me to a dealer or better yet anyone in Southern CA looking to sell a razor back musk turtle? Thanks for any help!

This fellow seems fairly reliable from what I have read and heard:

http://www.nauti-lasscritters.com/mud---musk-turtles.html

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Wow. This thread has been going nicely all on its own without the need for a “Cowboy bump”. LOL. Hope y’all have a constructive search. Then we’ll want pictures.
In the meantime, this is a good time to get everything dialed in all proper so you have no surprise hassles other than the amount of food y’all will be needing to feed.

OsideJuju

Oceanside CA
Wow. This thread has been going nicely all on its own without the need for a “Cowboy bump”. LOL. Hope y’all have a constructive search. Then we’ll want pictures.
In the meantime, this is a good time to get everything dialed in all proper so you have no surprise hassles other than the amount of food y’all will be needing to feed.
Thank you so much for your help!

OsideJuju

Oceanside CA
Thanks to everyone for your comments! I'll definitely take a look at the for sale and wanted threads and check the recommended sites!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I've had great experiences with myturtlestore.com