Where to buy wholesale supplies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Any one know the best place to buy alot of supplies and save some money? Any sales at places like petsmart , petco? Any info would help out.

I am mostly looking to get a bunch of cuttle bone and some other suppliments.

BigBiscuit

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa, U.S.
I am not sure about wholesale, but I buy my cuttlebones at Walmart for about $.97

Evan

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Watch for when your area is going to have a "bird mart" You can buy cuttlebone really cheap at a bird show. I get mine for about 10cents apiece by buying a 5lb box.

Yvonne

carrilac

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
Cuttle bone, huh. I've read everythingI can find on redfoot care, do redfoots need cuttle bones?

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I dont think hatchlings do, but for adults its a good source of cal. and for beaks.

any way lets not get into any debate I have 60+ torts and want to get the most out of my 50 bucks

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
When I was buying a lot, I searched for "reptile supplies free shipping", and compared the prices from there. If you are spending upwards of $75/100, you can usually find free shipping. I'm not a fan of Petco or Petsmart and haven't found good prices there yet, but some of the other more reptile oriented places have both a better selection and better prices.

I really like the Bean Farm, but I feel obligated to promote them as well as they are a local business for me and I'm into that (very good customer service and prices though if they have what you need).

Status
Not open for further replies.