Where To Find This Container?

J

Jillian Fricke

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1483035961.029079.jpg

Does anyone know where I can purchase this exact container? Or know what exactly it is called? I have seen a bunch of people on this forum post pictures of them, as well. It is 36" long, 24" wide, and 8" tall. I am looking for one a bit larger than that. I checked Home Depot and Lowe's, and neither had them!

J

Jillian Fricke

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1483036325.575525.jpg

Here is an above-view. Please excuse the appearance; I am busy cleaning it out and redoing everything. It has an open top.

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alta Loma, CA
Right now Walmart has the huge fake Christmas tree storage bins. I really like them. I raise my hatchlings in them. I think they are much bigger than the black bin pictured above.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Right now Walmart has the huge fake Christmas tree storage bins. I really like them. I raise my hatchlings in them. I think they are much bigger than the black bin pictured above.

I agree, I just posted a few pics of the ones I built. They are 25.00 but could be on sale now.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
I use those extensively. There are definitely two qualities of them out there.

MacCourt brand is the not so good one in that the edge is not level, they sorta bow out, they are often available at many hardware stores.

The better ones that I got, came from Lowe's a few years ago, and they don't carry them anymore. There is nothing stamped on or in them to indicated the different manufacture.

@Jillian Fricke the ones in the image that you posted are the better quality ones. They have fewer ribs, that's how I can tell. It's thicker plastic and they don't bow out at all. If you know what brand that is I'll spend some time trying to source them.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
I use those extensively. There are definitely two qualities of them out there.

MacCourt brand is the not so good one in that the edge is not level, they sorta bow out, they are often available at many hardware stores.

The better ones that I got, came from Lowe's a few years ago, and they don't carry them anymore. There is nothing stamped on or in them to indicated the different manufacture.

@Jillian Fricke the ones in the image that you posted are the better quality ones. They have fewer ribs, that's how I can tell. It's thicker plastic and they don't bow out at all. If you know what brand that is I'll spend some time trying to source them.

Is this the one Will? It only has 6 ribs

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1483048017.727354.jpg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
View attachment 195884

Here is an above-view. Please excuse the appearance; I am busy cleaning it out and redoing everything. It has an open top.

Hi...i would definitely bury the water saucer even with the substrate, or a tad below. This is a lot more conducive to a tort's natural drinking posture.

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East

I used this for the baby tort I purchased from you as you recommended and it worked great. By the way he has matured into a healthy male and healthy as can be.

Alex Z

5 Year Member
NYC
View attachment 195882

Does anyone know where I can purchase this exact container? Or know what exactly it is called? I have seen a bunch of people on this forum post pictures of them, as well. It is 36" long, 24" wide, and 8" tall. I am looking for one a bit larger than that. I checked Home Depot and Lowe's, and neither had them!

Home depot. I have it..goes for 12bucks

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
They are EXACTLY what I need! Except I need a slightly larger one than what is listed. Seen that anywhere, by chance? I am researching extensively and really frustrated.

Have you sent Centrex plastics an email? They might have them larger

Alex Z

5 Year Member
NYC
They are EXACTLY what I need! Except I need a slightly larger one than what is listed. Seen that anywhere, by chance? I am researching extensively and really frustrated.

Rubbermaid makes one for about 30..its narrower but 4ft long and deeper...about 54gallons I think.