Where to report illegal trade

Tolis

Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Cyprus EU
An egyptian reached out to me offering to sell me radiated torts. I asked for Cites and pics, what he sent me made me really angry and sad. I reported him to https://www.endwildlifetraffickingonline.org/
Hoping they do something about it.
Is there a more relavant organization/website I should report him to? I bet egyptian authorities dont give a f***.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211128-173853_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20211128-173853_WhatsApp.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 102
  • Screenshot_20211128-173834_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20211128-173834_WhatsApp.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 98

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
that's why laws are needed .......there is absolutely no offsetting benefit to the collection of animals from the wild for the pet trade .. hopefully you get some help .......

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That is very sad. Unbelievable that they would send you a picture of them showing animal abuse and theft.
I bet it's not even their picture and would also bet they don't even have any tortoises for sale.
They just take your money and you get nothing.

Tolis

Tortoise Club
Cyprus EU
That is very sad. Unbelievable that they would send you a picture of them showing animal abuse and theft.
I bet it's not even their picture and would also bet they don't even have any tortoises for sale.
They just take your money and you get nothing.
He sent me more pics he sells many animals but didnt want to share everything since his phone is visible and dont want to get him in touch with potential buyers that lurk here. Unfortunately he really has radiated torts the adults he showed me look dehydrated with abnormal shell growth.
I searched for those pics online and they are unique he didnt find them from the internet

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211128-185551_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20211128-185551_WhatsApp.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_20211128-184849_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20211128-184849_WhatsApp.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_20211128-184857_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20211128-184857_WhatsApp.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 53

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
So sad to those pics. Hopefully that organisation you contacted can help.
What about contacting the World Wildlife Fund people as well ? They may be able to do something or know who could.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Such scum if not also a scam.
I would try to report him to customs in his own country and any other place you can find.
If he really has those animals he is a piece of crap that needs to be put behind bars. Worse than bars would be better.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I doubt if Egyptian authorities would do much, but since Cyprus is part of the EU, maybe they can look into this.

In a nutshell​

At EU level, nature and biodiversity are protected by several laws. To read or refer to the official law texts (available in all EU languages) or to access the case law, you will find links and references below.

EU - https://ec.europa.eu/environment/nature/legislation/index_en.htm

EU Trade in Wild Flora & Fauna - https://ec.europa.eu/environment/cites/legislation_en.htm

Tolis

Tortoise Club
Cyprus EU
Since the crime is committed in Egypt there's not much Cyprus or EU can do about it.
Hopefully the site I reported it to does something...

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Shocking pictures and terrible to tape up legs . Hope your report us listened to and investigated.

Big Ron

Tortoise Club
Florida
Since the crime is committed in Egypt there's not much Cyprus or EU can do about it.
Hopefully the site I reported it to does something...
you might contact your own border control officials if he offered to sell them to you he probably already has a channel or system to get them into your countries borders and they would definitely know who to contact,hope it help please keep posting in this thread i'm sure plenty members will want to hear how it is going to get them caught

Tolis

Tortoise Club
Cyprus EU
you might contact your own border control officials if he offered to sell them to you he probably already has a channel or system to get them into your countries borders and they would definitely know who to contact,hope it help please keep posting in this thread i'm sure plenty members will want to hear how it is going to get them caught
He offered to sell them if I pick them up in Egypt he is not bringing them to Cyprus