Where's the watermelon of the 1970s?

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Location (City and/or State)
Alief
80's WOOHOO- Hair Rock to sorta Techno! Warrant to Flock Of Seagulls. My favorite is Huey Lewis and the News! My wife went to Monsters Of Rock at the Akron Rubberbowl!! Most not all new music is trash or rehash, but a few a genuine genius!
I’m not into that kinda stuff, lol.
Now EVERY single artist that becomes famous overnight is signed by a label.
There’s nothing original because there’s no more topics.
Drugs,sex,love,heartbreak,ect.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I don’t know what they tasted like in the 70s but I don’t have a problem finding good watermelon. I guess living in the southeast helps.

Most of the ones in grocery stores are bad either because they were picked too early, stored too long, or both. Usually you can tell by looking so wondering if people buying bad ones just don’t know how to pick em.
If I lived any more south or east I'd be swimming

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
80's WOOHOO- Hair Rock to sorta Techno! Warrant to Flock Of Seagulls. My favorite is Huey Lewis and the News! My wife went to Monsters Of Rock at the Akron Rubberbowl!! Most not all new music is trash or rehash, but a few a genuine genius!
Huey Lewis??? Somebody actually liked his??? My music is from the 60's and 70's metal rock, Cream, Eric Clapton, Deep Purple, Allman bros, Janis, Pink Floyd...Oh but then ya didn't ask me huh!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I've notice watermelon being sold that where suspiciously cold....
Like they'd been frozen.
I picked up and delivered various kinds of fruit and vegetables as an OTR driver...at times you are buying 'fresh' fruit that has been kept in a cooler all winter and it's only 'fresh' outa the cooler...

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Huey Lewis??? Somebody actually liked his??? My music is from the 60's and 70's metal rock, Cream, Eric Clapton, Deep Purple, Allman bros, Janis, Pink Floyd...Oh but then ya didn't ask me huh!
I cut my teeth on the 60’s and 70’s music . Nothing like being 8 and knowing the words to The Wall!

KhairulTort

Colombia
They do yellow watermelon as a speciality where I’m from. Wasn’t alive in the 70’s to compare unfortunately. But I hope you find the OG

SPILL

Illinois
I feel that way about a lot of fruits anymore. They've been grown to look good sitting at the store without any care for the taste.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I forgot to mention strawberries.
They only LOOK like Strawberries any more.
I haven't had a good one since the old "You pick" farm in the 80s.
Now it's a Super Walmart.