Which foods have the highest fiber content?

Location (City and/or State)
New York
Recently one of my tortoises has had exceedingly runny green pops. I am guessing that she got into something she shouldn't have in the garden. What is the absolute highest fiber foods available to help her re regulate? 8 inch female Russian in a 2.6. Also would it be recommended to separate her until she re regulates?

Kyle gempler

Arizona
I agree with Tom, it should sort itself out. But if you feel he really does need high fiber foods, I recommend kale, collared greens, turnip greens, and any of the darker lettuce types(but not iceberg).

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Agreed it will likely clear up in a few days.

I know you are in New York where you have actual seasons and are out of weeds and garden plants but if you are in a town of any size you *may* be near a hispanic market that sells Nopales (cactus pads), which are great for fiber. Cactus is more commonly eaten in the Western states, I think, but worth a try.

You can buy a squash plant and see how that goes. Super high in fiber and cheap; if you get a few meals out of it and it dies, you can easily get another one. Leaves, stems, and flowers, all are good. My Russian prefers smaller leaved plants in this order: bittermelon (actually in the melon family but plenty of fiber); chayote squash, zucchini, pumpkin. Zucchini goes over better if I mix it with a little grated carrot.