Which is best Reptisun T5 10.0 or T5 10.0 HO for Indian Star Tortoise ?

Thundersnow

Location (City and/or State)
Kentucky

Which UVB light for Indian Star Tortoise ?

Can’t decide which is more suitable for my 6 month old Indian Star Tortoise ? Zoomed Reptisun T5 10.0 or T5 10.0 HO According to the Ferguson Zone he should be in zone 3. I need that UVB to be close to a 3 from a distance of approx 12”.Advice would be appreciated. Also there is a new product any feedback please. Maybe this new product would be better than the others. I would think the company would be bringing better products.

Attachments

• 60C0F49D-956F-4E8E-B339-08F85C38F7FB.jpeg
    60C0F49D-956F-4E8E-B339-08F85C38F7FB.jpeg
    171.7 KB · Views: 4

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
The T5 HO tubes provide much more UVB at greater distances over the non HO T5 tubes.
A T5 HO 10.0 (OR 12%) Is the best option for greater distances and highest levels of UVB.
However, you're going to need a 6.5 UV meter to be certain of what that level is at what height and through a screen or without one.
12" isn't much for an HO tube and a T5 HO should deliver about a 3 at that height without going through a acreen.
With a screen, I'd go with a T5 HO 10.0

Thundersnow

Kentucky
The T5 HO tubes provide much more UVB at greater distances over the non HO T5 tubes.
A T5 HO 10.0 (OR 12%) Is the best option for greater distances and highest levels of UVB.
However, you're going to need a 6.5 UV meter to be certain of what that level is at what height and through a screen or without one
My meter goes up to 7 so I think that will be ok. Nothing will be between the bulb and my tortoise no screen. The tank is covered by foil and the foil is not covering any of the bulb nor head source. Thanks again for your input??

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
The T5 HO tubes provide much more UVB at greater distances over the non HO T5 UVB tubes.
However, you're going to need a 6.5 UV meter to be certain of what that level is at what height and through a screen or

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I have a post called
REAL WORLD UVB TESTING that I'm unable to attach to this post at the moment.
In it I test a 5.0 and a 10.0 HO UVB tube at different heights and through screen or without.
Those levels should be very close

Thundersnow

Kentucky
I have a post called
REAL WORLD UVB TESTING that I'm unable to attach to this post at the moment.
In it I test a 5.0 and a 10.0 HO UVB tube at different heights and through screen or without.
Those levels should be very close
I was going to purchase a Zoomed.Reptisun T5 10.0 HO is that the best choice for what I need?