Which uvb

Status
Not open for further replies.

J REED

5 Year Member
Going to pet smart to grab a uvb 10.0 T8 Bulb for my beardie...Turbo gets outside but not as much as I would like on my 4 days working..I work 4 on 4 off so im getting hime a uvb bulb as well..I have a T8 fixture and was wondering if I should get the same bulb or which one....
Turbo by the way is a Sulcata about 7- 8 weeks old....
Jeremy

Greg T

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
League City, TX
If you are just trying to get UVB rays then that is fine. If you want some heat also then you'll have to change bulb types to a UVB/Basking type bulb.

J REED

5 Year Member
Re: RE: Which uvb

Greg T said:
If you are just trying to get UVB rays then that is fine. If you want some heat also then you'll have to change bulb types to a UVB/Basking type bulb.

I have the zoo med double dome for him to bask under.I use just one bulb but have the other on standby for cooler days or if the other bulb goes out. I just wanna get mim the uvb....its a small 24"strip fixture so should I put it by the basking light like the beardies or try to center it in chamber?

Jeremy

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I would center mount it .

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

J REED

5 Year Member
With my 4' fluorescent and basking light the uvb strip I have doesnt put off much...could I replace the basking bulb with a mvb in my dome to get basking heat AND uvb?

Jeremy

Status
Not open for further replies.