white/blue stuff on turtle eyes and hand

maibelyn

Location (City and/or State)
orlando
hello i’m not sure when he got this but i just saw it, i gave him a salt bath today because google said it gets rid of it but i just wanna make sure it’s nothing bad and it’s just a fungus infection , and it’ll go away w salt baths

image.jpg

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
hello, can we see your habitat and what diet do you feed him?

this is just from personal experience but my turtle had sores on him due to vitamin a deficiency, but he had a serious parasite problem and probably wasn't getting any nutrients or eating his food due to this.

if its fungal you may need to correct his habitat to solve the issue. Do you have a filter for your tank?

maibelyn

orlando
hello, can we see your habitat and what diet do you feed him?

this is just from personal experience but my turtle had sores on him due to vitamin a deficiency, but he had a serious parasite problem and probably wasn't getting any nutrients or eating his food due to this.

if its fungal you may need to correct his habitat to solve the issue. Do you have a filter for your tank?
hello! his habitat hasn’t been the cleanest because i haven’t been with him until now! but no he doesn’t have a tank & feed him and my other turtle zoo med gourmet repti sticks that come with sun dried shrink , mealworms and dried cranberries ,

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
hello! his habitat hasn’t been the cleanest because i haven’t been with him until now! but no he doesn’t have a tank & feed him and my other turtle zoo med gourmet repti sticks that come with sun dried shrink , mealworms and dried cranberries ,

I would suggest to get a tank setup with a basking spot and filter asap! these are imperative for a healthy turtle and to shed properly.

Dried cranberries is a bit weird and probably not a good idea. They are not even a good food for humans because of all the sugars required to make a cranberry taste decently sweet. You should probably not feed fruit at all.

maibelyn

orlando
I would suggest to get a tank setup with a basking spot and filter asap! these are imperative for a healthy turtle and to shed properly.

Dried cranberries is a bit weird and probably not a good idea. They are not even a good food for humans because of all the sugars required to make a cranberry taste decently sweet. You should probably not feed fruit at all.
ok i will try to get him that ! and yea i’ll stop giving him the dried cranberries, how do i make everything on him go away?

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
ok i will try to get him that ! and yea i’ll stop giving him the dried cranberries, how do i make everything on him go away?

I have no experience with this, but I did look back at some previous threads and found some info:

..., adding a bit of non-iodine salt to the water will help. (rock salt / water softener salt)
To treat, I put the turtle in a bath of betadine, just high enough to totally cover the shell. Add enough to make the water a dark tea color and leave the turtle in for about 20 min. This stops the fungus spread and should only be done once as it will slow healing if repeated. After the soak, spread an antifungal cream on the white areas you can see. Athletes foot cream will work. Keep the turtle dry-docked and warm for a few days, giving it a 30 min soak in fresh water once a day to feed it as well. reapply antifungal after the baths.

Markw84 knows a ton about water turtles so I know his advice is the way to go

maibelyn

orlando
I have no experience with this, but I did look back at some previous threads and found some info:

Markw84 knows a ton about water turtles so I know his advice is the way to go
oh okay! thank you so much i will buy those things for him!