White Bump on Baby Sulcata

Clodz

Location (City and/or State)
Jakarta, Indonesia
Hello...
This past 2 days I realize that 20160511_070446-480x853.jpg 20160511_070440-480x853.jpg

My little guy has this little white bump on his face, on his chin to be precised (picture attach).
I am worried, is this some kind of abscess? His lower jaw seems like retrusive because of this little bump. His appetite is alright so far, he eats a lot, very active too. He rubs his eyes once in a while, but more than that his behavior is still remains the same as before. I am so worried because my last Sulcata is having this kind of bumpy cheek too... and after sometime he was become weaker and lost his appetite once for all. I dont want any bad thing like that happen to this little guy too.. So I hope I could get answer and suggestion from u guys about what happen to him and how to take care of it.
Please help...

Thank u so much for ur kind response...

samsmom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
CedarCreekLake, Texas
Are you keeping the new one in the same enclosure that you used with your last sulcata?

Clodz

Jakarta, Indonesia
I am using Exo Terra UVB 200 bulb.. is it ok? In my country the choice of bulb is limited only to Exo Terra or Repti Glo brand. From review in Internet I decided to use Exo Terra UVB 200 bulb...
Yes, it is quite tricky to clean his face... the greenish line around his beak is sticky, I have tried to clean it with cotton bud, but still cannot do much..
The white bump is right under his beak on his lower jaw...

Clodz

Jakarta, Indonesia
Yes I keep him in my late sulcata enclosure, but I have wash it with disinfectant soap + hot water before I bring Bibbob home...
And I had lost my late sulcata before I brought Bibbob home.

Sara G.

Long Island, New York
Do you have pics of the enclosure? as they say pictures say a thousand words! :)
The bulb you mentioned is for UVB only I presume & produces no heat. What type of bulb are you using for a basking bulb?

Piña

nyc
Clodz, kind of hard to tell by those photos. Make sure it's not the beginning of mouth rot. Also (and someone correct me if wrong) never clean a reptile enclosure with soap, use a diluted bleach solution and then flush with pure water to remove any bleach left.

Clodz

Jakarta, Indonesia
Hi Pina... my enclosure actually is considered not big enough, only a terarium 60x30 cm. I am working on a new enclosure for him which size is 120x60 cm.
I keep them indoor since I live in an apartment. And I dont use any substrate so far.. just put 2 layers of newspaper as their base.
For the heat bulb I am using 2 kind of different bulb that differ in color. The first one that i use regularly in the morning is Phillips On The Spot 60 watt that I set using a timer to turn on 4 hrs in the morning and 2 hrs in noon. When the lights on.. the temp will become 86 - 95 F. When the lights off the temp will down to 82 - 85 F.
At night.. when the temp is quite low I turn on the 2nd bulb from Exo Terra Infrared Basking Spot 50w.
So we cannot use soap to clean our reptile enclosure? Thanks for telling me... I never knew about this before.. I am a newbie..
I try to upload the pic of Bibbob enclosure..

Sara G.

Long Island, New York
How many torts do you have in one enclosure? I thought it was just the one.

Also, torts need substrate. It's not natural to be on newspaper or to have no substrate at all.
I recommend coco coir or fine grade orchid bark. That way you can get to to a damp (not wet) state to keep the humidity up in your enclosure.
Humidity is very important for these babies.
Pis of your enclosure will help.