White lines on the shell around each scute

Status
Not open for further replies.

PumpkinPie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Visalia, CA
Hi All!! My Patches is a juvenile, and has been getting so big!! I think he has almost doubled in size in the last year! It is very exciting with such a small tort, watching him grow :tort::)

Anyways, I was having an issue with my fence and so I had to keep Patches in the house for a couple weeks. He roamed the house and had a good time, but I started noticing that he was sleeping a lot and burrowing in the same place where he burrowed for the winter last year, so I knew I needed to get him back outside! Luckily, the 100+ degree weather is finally cooling off and my boyfriend and I are able to make the repairs to the yard and fence so Patches can go back outside.

My question is that I am noticing perfect straight white lines around each and every scute on his shell. I feed him a very good diet, and I soak him about once a week. (I usually put him in his pond when I fill it for him, but he doesn't like to soak on his own, so he doesn't stay in long... so I try to force soak him at least once a week.) I offer him cuddle bones, but I have never seen him use them. Does anyone know what these white lines are from? I can't help but wonder if it's calcium related?? I didn't like having him in the house because I know that he needs the sun, it was just a temporary thing. (My 9 month old Boston Terrier has thoroughly destructed the backyard and dug to China and back, so it's under repair, but now Patches Pen is fixed and dog proof also. :cool: ) But even having him in the house for a couple of weeks, I never saw white lines like that after him spending months burmating.... So I have no idea what this is from.

Thanks for your time guys, I hope we can figure this out !!!! :)

Sonja215

5 Year Member
Portsmouth, VA
Sounds like new growth to me... This is Herbie. She has new growth. If it looks like this I'm thinking that's good.

Sonja215 said:
Sounds like new growth to me... This is Herbie. She has new growth. If it looks like this I'm thinking that's good.

Okay, now I'm having issues uploading photos, but it sounds like new growth.

Attachments

• image-2627493024.png
    image-2627493024.png
    223.5 KB · Views: 91
  • image-2755581980.png
    image-2755581980.png
    947.2 KB · Views: 98

PumpkinPie

5 Year Member
Visalia, CA
Okay, I was hoping that was what it was since he has been growing a lot since I got him. Thanks for your imput!! Id love to see your pics still!! Your dog is adorable :) Thanks again :D

Sonja215 said:

Sonja215 said:

Sonja215

5 Year Member
Portsmouth, VA
PumpkinPie said:
Okay, I was hoping that was what it was since he has been growing a lot since I got him. Thanks for your imput!! Id love to see your pics still!! Your dog is adorable :) Thanks again :D

Sonja215 said:

Sonja215 said:

Okay, had to log on to my computer. Here is a pic of Herbie (the female)! This is all new growth.

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo.JPG
photo 3.jpg

Sonja215 said:
PumpkinPie said:

Sonja215 said:

Sonja215 said:

Okay, had to log on to my computer. Here is a pic of Herbie (the female)! This is all new growth.

... and this is... REX, who thought it would be fun to put his face in the mud. That's actually after I just rinsed his face off!
photo.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
image-4216984525.png

I noticed them on my babies this afternoon? Are they just growing?

LuckysGirl007 said:
I noticed them on my babies this afternoon? Are they just growing?

Just got this answered! THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.