White speckles? URGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussianTortoiseCraze123

5 Year Member
Hey guys! i have been noticing these white little speckles on my hatchling burmese brown mountain tortoise. I have recentually added a fogger, is this the cause??

Steve_McQueen

5 Year Member
Can you post some pictures? It could be something, or it could be part of their natural color change. Can't tell without pictures.

RussianTortoiseCraze123

5 Year Member
Millerlite said:
Sounds like probably te color charge as they grow, but pictures def will help,

alright. I think its apert of his color change, as this has happened before.

Steve_McQueen said:
Can you post some pictures? It could be something, or it could be part of their natural color change. Can't tell without pictures.

Sure, but i think its the natural color change

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Is the white speckles in between the scutes or on the skin and shell in random places?

RussianTortoiseCraze123

5 Year Member
tortadise said:
Is the white speckles in between the scutes or on the skin and shell in random places?
They are scattered on the scutes and a tiny one on the plastron. The shell is not soft, and his appitiate is perfect and is very active. None are on skin.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
How wet is your enclosure? Sometimes mountains if kept too wet can develope bacterial growth on their shells.

RussianTortoiseCraze123

5 Year Member
tortadise said:
How wet is your enclosure? Sometimes mountains if kept too wet can develope bacterial growth on their shells.

its around 70% percent humidity, but since i noticed it i lowered it down. If this is the cause is it easily treated? he has a moist and a dry side.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Can you post some pics? It could just be new growth. They do change color but usually not white spots all over. If it is bacterial just a change in substrate and a scrub down on your tort. Its pretty common in the wild. Especially impressa, and emys in Vietnam local where its very wet and humid.

RussianTortoiseCraze123

5 Year Member
tortadise said:
Can you post some pics? It could just be new growth. They do change color but usually not white spots all over. If it is bacterial just a change in substrate and a scrub down on your tort. Its pretty common in the wild. Especially impressa, and emys in Vietnam local where its very wet and humid.

Alright. Ill get the pics up ASAP. Ill give him a bath today and see if it comes off. Thanks so much for the help! Im just a newbie to these little guys!

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Yup looks normal that's what I imagined when you were saying white spots, also the plastron will feel soft to the touch cuz he's young, as he gets older it will harden, he looks really young

emysbreeder

5 Year Member
tortadise said:
Manouria emys emys does not naturally occure in Vietnam. vm emysbreeder

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I noticed that my little babies developed white specks when I kept them too wet.

You just need to change your substrate, clean the tortoise real well, and don't keep it so wet. It should clear up in a couple days. No need to re-home the tortoise.

RussianTortoiseCraze123

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
I noticed that my little babies developed white specks when I kept them too wet.

You just need to change your substrate, clean the tortoise real well, and don't keep it so wet. It should clear up in a couple days. No need to re-home the tortoise.

ok! will do! here are some pics. I noticed this dent.

Attachments

• IMG_5506.jpg
    IMG_5506.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_5507.jpg
    IMG_5507.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5508.jpg
    IMG_5508.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 34
Status
Not open for further replies.