White spot on Sulcata tortoise eye.

Jaidenwt

Location (City and/or State)
Tehachapi
Hey, I’m new to this forum and to tortoise owning. While cleaning out his tank today I noticed a couple small white spots on his left eye. What is this and how do I help him?
Thank you in advanced!
EAD6A987-5C5F-4FC4-B3DA-E7F2C4FB3A18.jpeg
EE3032F5-392B-4296-BDF3-997D03AB625C.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hey, I’m new to this forum and to tortoise owning. While cleaning out his tank today I noticed a couple small white spots on his left eye. What is this and how do I help him?
Thank you in advanced!
View attachment 280686
View attachment 280687
Hello and welcome. Is it actually in the eyeball? Or on the eyelid? I can't tell by your pictures...More experienced members will be able to answer you better. Best wishes.

Jaidenwt

Tehachapi
Hello and welcome. Is it actually in the eyeball? Or on the eyelid? I can't tell by your pictures...More experienced members will be able to answer you better. Best wishes.
The spot is actually in his eye. He can still blink and he doesn’t seem to mind it or behave oddly or anything.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Are you sure it's not a bit of mucous laying against the eyeball? That's what it looks like in the picture. Get some ointment:

eye ointment b.jpg
Squirt a bit onto a Q-tip and rub his closed eye with the Q-tip. If the spot is still there and you're sure it's on the eyeball and not mucous, then a bit of the ointment on the eyeball will sooth. It might be an ulcer or injury, or it could be nothing. At any rate, the ointment can't hurt.