White spots on neck/leg

peanut20

Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
Hi-

Our hermann is just around 30grams. I noticed small white spots on his neck/leg during his warm bath today.

Have any of you seen this before? I did some searching but only so references to shell rot/spots on shell. It's almost like discoloration of the skin but only on the left side of his neck. I'm not positive, but I don't think it was there before. I've circled the spots in the picture.

Also, I may be overreacting, but as I was searching his body, his head also looked a bit dark to me. The top of his head is much darker than the rest of his body and I wasn't sure if this could be a burn of some sort?

We use coco fiber + orchid bark (mostly cocofiber) substrate. ceramic bulbs for warmth. we were using Zoomed's compact Fluorescent Mini Reptile Lamp, but recently switched to Reptisun T5 HO per comments in this forum. His diet is a mix of kale, baby kale, bok choy, dandelions, clover, and the small mazuri ls pellets. He also gets calcium (no vit D) once a week, and calcium with vit. D once a week.

head.jpegneck.jpeg

peanut20

Pennsylvania
Also, he eats and poops well, usually twice a day. He gets two warm baths a day. There has been no change there.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't know what has caused this, however, I wouldn't worry about it if it were my tortoise.