Who are Florida members?

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
Does anybody know who our Florida members are? I think we've got a bunch. :(
I know of ZEROPILOT and cdmay. Isn't Aldabraman in Florida?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Last edited:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It's favoring the west now. Who knows.
Maybe we can keep in touch in case those of us more devastated can foster other animals from less affected members.
I heard it was going to go almost straight up Florida and hit both sides.
Be safe and that's a great idea about fostering.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I'm in Florida, but not in harms way cause I'm in the panhandle and west of the capital, Tallahassee. But, I returned on the forum after nearly a year because I fear for the Aldabraman. He has a farm on the south west side of the peninsula. How does he move those animals to higher grounds? With the projected winds and storm surge, will his animals be safe? Has anyone heard from Greg?

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I'm in Florida, but not in harms way cause I'm in the panhandle and west of the capital, Tallahassee. But, I returned on the forum after nearly a year because I fear for the Aldabraman. He has a farm on the south west side of the peninsula. How does he move those animals to higher grounds? With the projected winds and storm surge, will his animals be safe? Has anyone heard from Greg?
I am also very worried about him. Storm surge is so deadly. I can't imagine how he could protect those big aldabras. And any sulcatas in south Florida that are down in burrows would drown in the storm surge. :(
I so hope I'm just over reacting, but I really fear for our Florida members and their torts.
I may have to stay off the forum for a few days, and just trust that people know what they're doing and have taken the appropriate precautions for themselves and their pets.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Sibi, Greg was posting just a couple days ago over in the Aldabra section, in the thread Aldabra Tortoise Breeder. You could probably contact him there, if not by pm.

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
That is my favorite area of the state to visit/explore. I was supposed to be canoeing the Chipola River at Marianna early next week...sort of doubt it now. Dang...I'm gonna miss my stop at the What-a-Burger on Monroe in Tally!
There are a bunch of tortoise keepers in the Ft. Myers to Tampa area. Looks bad for them as of now...

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
The winds are just starting to whip up in Broward county.
Already a lot a power outages just south of here.
The 12 o'clock update has the eyewall out even further west.
Cuba has slowed it down just a bit. But not much.
My Redfoot are snuggled into their totes.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I'm in a suburb of Tampa and it's starting to get a little breezy. According to the radar and forecast which we hope are wrong the eye will go right over us.
It's looking like that now, @StacieJ
Let's hope it just keeps going West and dies at sea.
Are you ready for the storm?