Who are Florida members?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Steamy enough.
But then my wife likes showering with the bathroom door open.
It's so warm in the living room, my glasses fog up.
I found fuel at about 3:30 this morning. After an hour long quest.
I can thank the fact that I can't sleep for that.
Anyone who slept will awaken to the all familiar OUT OF FUEL signs or hours waiting in line as idiots try to cut in.
Boy. Im not a people person!

richosullivan

10 Year Member!
Orlando
Came through ok. Power is out and told might be Sunday before we get it back - but torts are back outside so they are good. No damage at my place, just some limbs down around the house, some of my neighbors were not so lucky (and now the flooding of the St. Johns begins with all the water heading into the river.

20170911_111013_resized.jpg FB_IMG_1505228922736.jpg FB_IMG_1505229001971.jpg

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
My power is back on.
Thank God.
Broward County wants to reopen the schools on monday. But I don't see it happening.
I've been working hand in hand with the cleanup crews cutting branches, etc. 48 schools still have no power. Some have physical damage and water inside and we are out of of many of the supplies that we need.
Today I did nothing but repair chainsaws for 11 hours.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
My power is back on.
Thank God.
Broward County wants to reopen the schools on monday. But I don't see it happening.
I've been working hand in hand with the cleanup crews cutting branches, etc. 48 schools still have no power. Some have physical damage and water inside and we are out of of many of the supplies that we need.
Today I did nothing but repair chainsaws for 11 hours.
Holy cow!!! That's a lot of work, Ed!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Holy cow!!! That's a lot of work, Ed!
There are just three mechanics in the district that repair electrical generators, chainsaws, etc. Just one mechanic for all of the school site backup generators. We have been asked to work as many hours as we want to/can. Today I'll do 12. 12 on Saturday and Sunday as well.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
There are just three mechanics in the district that repair electrical generators, chainsaws, etc. Just one mechanic for all of the school site backup generators. We have been asked to work as many hours as we want to/can. Today I'll do 12. 12 on Saturday and Sunday as well.
They are NUTS! It seems like the school board should have additional as-needed contracts for mechanics to come in after a crisis like this.o_O

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Speaking about outside labor, there have been crews and trucks from other states (to aid in cleanup) that the school board allowed to park here on our North lot.
We provided all needed necessary things for them. Including ten portable toilets, a dumpster and two generators with free gas. One hooked up to an ice machine....But when they left, they left the lot full of garbage, alcohol bottles, broken glass and human poo all over the parking lot like a bunch of animals.
I doubt that they'll be welcome again

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Speaking about outside labor, there have been crews and trucks from other states (to aid in cleanup) that the school board allowed to park here on our North lot.
We provided all needed necessary things for them. Including ten portable toilets, a dumpster and two generators with free gas. One hooked up to an ice machine....But when they left, they left the lot full of garbage, alcohol bottles, broken glass and human poo all over the parking lot like a bunch of animals.
:eek: OH.MY.GOD!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

JLM

5 Year Member
Pensacola Florida
I'm in Florida, but not in harms way cause I'm in the panhandle and west of the capital, Tallahassee. But, I returned on the forum after nearly a year because I fear for the Aldabraman. He has a farm on the south west side of the peninsula. How does he move those animals to higher grounds? With the projected winds and storm surge, will his animals be safe? Has anyone heard from Greg?
I'm in Pensacola- sounds like we are close to each other.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Gross!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
So, we think everyone and their torts are okay ?
Everyone checked in, now?
Good luck with the clean up and recovery all.

Jmoney1002

Sebring, FL
I'm in Sebring. It is in Highlands County about midway up the peninsula and right up the middle of the state. We got hit pretty hard with Irma. I just got power back last night. My little hatchling has enjoyed the days outside to get the heat and sunlight he needed with the power being out over the last week. Tonight I have to setup the indoor enclosure again. I had grass growing strong in it just before the storm hit but since it had no light, it all died. So now I have to start over... But our house did well and the hatcling is fine. In fact, just yesterday I saw him actually drink water for the first time during his morning soak!