Who are the famous people you've met?

african cake queen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ct.usa
captain hook. i met him at disney in fla. oh yeah, i almost forgot meat loaf. i worked at his concert, years ago.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
CourtneyAndCarl said:
Hey Tom, what did you meet Zoe Saldana for? She's one of my favorite actresses...

OHH, how about Johnny Depp???

"Columbiana". We filmed for around two weeks in Mexico City. After working with her, she is one of my favorites too. So bright and intelligent, kind and helpful, yet totally competent and able to handle her business. And looks wise, holy cow... gorgeous. Remember her dogs at her secret lair, and then at the very end of the movie? "EAT!"

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Neal said:
dmarcus said:
My favorite hands down was Mike Rowe from dirty jobs. A very nice and funny guy.

That's pretty cool. He seems like a fun guy.

I would love to meet Mike Rowe he seems like just a normal & cool guy.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
Tom said:
CourtneyAndCarl said:
Hey Tom, what did you meet Zoe Saldana for? She's one of my favorite actresses...

OHH, how about Johnny Depp???

"Columbiana". We filmed for around two weeks in Mexico City. After working with her, she is one of my favorites too. So bright and intelligent, kind and helpful, yet totally competent and able to handle her business. And looks wise, holy cow... gorgeous. Remember her dogs at her secret lair, and then at the very end of the movie? "EAT!"
my fav. eat!!! i loved it.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
dds7155 said:
Tom ,what do you do or did for a living? if you dont mind saying,,

I train animals for the entertainment industry. Mostly dogs, but I get the occasional baboon, tortoise, orangutan, pigeon, tarantula, vulture, bee, rhinoceros, giraffe, rat, bear, cobra, hawk, alligator, etc., job.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I was two seats away from Ricky Gervais when we flew to New York last February ( British comic actor... maybe not so famous in the USA?). He's ever so short! We were flying First Class thanks to the several gaziliion airmiles my husband has earned on business trips.

My Mum's claim to fame is several visits from Anthony Hopkins, before he was famous, when she was working at County Hall in Cardiff. His student grant hadn't been paid for Drama School and he had to keep coming back in to sort things out with her.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
bigred said:
I met ASCOTT I think she is a star in the high desert area

I would love to meet Angela too!! I have a bigger TFO wish list than celebrity wish list!! Sorry OP for going OT.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
CtTortoiseMom said:
bigred said:

I would love to meet Angela too!! I have a bigger TFO wish list than celebrity wish list!! Sorry OP for going OT.
There are a few tortoises on here I'd like to meet as well as the people who look after them and post their pictures on here.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
JoesMum said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
bigred said:

There are a few tortoises on here I'd like to meet as well as the people who look after them and post their pictures on here.

Yep- some pretty cool people on here

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Momof4 said:
We hung out with Ricky Carmicheal (Motocross) for a weekend in Vegas at one of his races about 12 yrs ago.

Now THAT would have me star struck! That guy is and always will be the GOAT!!! I know some people who know him, but never met him.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
JoesMum said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
bigred said:

I too have a bigger TFO list of both humans and their torts. Lots of great people on here. Wish we all could live closer:)

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
DrewsLife727 said:
Has anyone met a famous peron before? Like a celebrity, sports star, or someone known that is important? Just curious to know who have you met and how. I guess I'll start. I havent met much but when I went to college in Lancaster, CA (in the Mojave Desert area) I watched a elementary football game and met Cuba Gooding, Jr. from the movies "Snow Dogs" and "Radio". He was watching his son play football. Well thats one of my stories! How bout u???:D

No way! I live in Palmdale CA!!!!! 20 minute's from Lancaster!!! :D

My dad has a friend who's dad was the inventor of the bendy straw! :D

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
DrewsLife727 said:
Has anyone met a famous peron before? Like a celebrity, sports star, or someone known that is important? Just curious to know who have you met and how. I guess I'll start. I havent met much but when I went to college in Lancaster, CA (in the Mojave Desert area) I watched a elementary football game and met Cuba Gooding, Jr. from the movies "Snow Dogs" and "Radio". He was watching his son play football. Well thats one of my stories! How bout u???:D

Ahh Palmdale =] Home of Tom's Dinner =] Miss that place

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
DrewsLife727 said:

Tortoiseboy, I hate to be the one to tell you this but you're gonna have to do a little better than that:D

devsharkey

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I dunno if anyone really knows her unless they're in the sport, but Dominique Daniels. The seven year champ of women's BMX racing. She's smokin' hot~

turtlelubber said:
Steven Tyler Kelly Clarkson Johnny Depp and Jennifer Lawrence

No way. Steve Tyler?! What's he like?!

weldorNate

10 Year Member!
North Dakota
Never really met anyone famous but have seen the Nickleback group when they were in Fargo

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I consider our Tom a celebrity. And I've had the good fortune to meet him a couple times and I count him as a friend.

Reactions: Tom