Who are the famous people you've met?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
bigred said:
My dad has a friend who's dad was the inventor of the bendy straw! :D

Tortoiseboy, I hate to be the one to tell you this but you're gonna have to do a little better than that:D
[/quote]

How about this. I met the guy who created the formula for 10W30, lol.

Also met the founder of Cold Stone. He actually lived down the street from me growing up. He had a pool shaped like an ice cream cone, and the cherry on top was a hot tub.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
I cannot name anyone, for confidentiality reasons.
I have been a detox nurse and done approx 40 private duty cases, all Hollywood people.

I did grow up on the same street as Michael Jackson, in Encino. Saw him all the time. ( and his chimp)

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
kathyth said:
I cannot name anyone, for confidentiality reasons.
I have been a detox nurse and done approx 40 private duty cases, all Hollywood people.

I did grow up on the same street as Michael Jackson, in Encino. Saw him all the time. ( and his chimp)

Wow, that seems like it would be an incredibly hard job! It's sad that drug abuse is such a pandemic among celebrities.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
A lot of our local sports stars live in my area so I see a lot of them regularly around town. I have met Chris Draper, Justin Verlander, The Bonderman guy- my husband knows him and helped him with something a few years ago, I have no idea what (Robots?? RC Cars)?? My best friend's husband was a pro linebacker so through them I have also met a lot of people in the NFL at their parties. I haven't really met any movie or TV stars though, except for Seth from hardcore pawn. He lives in my neighborhood. He's maybe 5 ft 3 and isn't as outspoken as he seems on TV.
I meet a lot of well known CEOs in my job and I work for two men that are probably household names.

I forgot that I met wolfgang puck a few years ago at his restaurant during the north American international auto show. I was there hosting a big party of clients and he came over and talked with us for a while. My clients were so excited. I also met big Sean there last year. I didn't know who he was by looking at him until he told me. His massive diamond earrings caught my attention half way down the aisle. My husband says I am like a raccoon.. I get mesmerized by shiny things :p

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Rode in an elevator with Kareem Abdul Jabbar about 10ish years ago, didn't know who he was at the time but he said hi (I was only like 11 or 12 at the time).

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Neal said:
bigred said:
My dad has a friend who's dad was the inventor of the bendy straw! :D

Tortoiseboy, I hate to be the one to tell you this but you're gonna have to do a little better than that:D

How about this. I met the guy who created the formula for 10W30, lol.

Also met the founder of Cold Stone. He actually lived down the street from me growing up. He had a pool shaped like an ice cream cone, and the cherry on top was a hot tub.
[/quote]

OK OK only because it involves ice cream

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
kathyth said:

Ahh yes. I know Bubbles well...

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
Some funky rapper dude that was going on a world tour lived down the street from me. He liked to play music at his house four houses down that I could hear in my living room. Does that count :)?

Wait I just remembered one. Jamie Foxx was in Miami, in my neighborhood for some reason. At the time, there was this 40+ foot ficus in the front yard...Very pretty tree. He wanted to take pictures in front of it. I let him. Funny part is...My cat was out :). He climbed into the camera-mans bag...The magazine they were taking pictures for calling Jamie "the cat whisperer".

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
I met a guy who said he was a famous rapper. I forgot his name but I dont think I believe him. He was selling his CD on a Walmart parking lot

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
Kelly Ripa, Mark Consuelos, Jerry Seinfeld, Patti Labelle and "Salty" Jarrod Saltalamacchia.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
DrewsLife727 said:
I met a guy who said he was a famous rapper. I forgot his name but I dont think I believe him. He was selling his CD on a Walmart parking lot

MC Hammer?

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Ive met a few Spurs players over the years, cant recall the names, im not really a sports fan.

On an interesting note...this is one of those of a friend deals buuuuut my best friend has some sort of fifteenth cousin or something who is grandson of one of John Rockefeller partners...so basically wealthier beyond all our beliefs. He has some sort of trust set up that pays huge dividends annually in the seven digits...to my knowledge hes never worked a day in his life, just one big party. Must be nice.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
bigred said:

I know :p We just think it's funny! :D It's sorta our joke because it's really lame, yet not :p But my dad also went to school with Jack Black!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
bigred said:

I know :p We just think it's funny! :D It's sorta our joke because it's really lame, yet not :p But my dad also went to school with Jack Black!

That's awesome!

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
Tom said:
Ahh yes. I know Bubbles well...

Really?! What was he like???

DrewsLife727 said:

Your SURE we was famous? :p

KingInCulver

5 Year Member
Southern California
i am terrible with actually recognizing celebrities as themselves. more often, i will be >thisclose< to saying, "has anyone ever told you that you look like that celebrity [their name here]?" luckily my friends will grab me before that happens (again) since they know i have a problem.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
jtrux said:
Ive met a few Spurs players over the years, cant recall the names, im not really a sports fan.

On an interesting note...this is one of those of a friend deals buuuuut my best friend has some sort of fifteenth cousin or something who is grandson of one of John Rockefeller partners...so basically wealthier beyond all our beliefs. He has some sort of trust set up that pays huge dividends annually in the seven digits...to my knowledge hes never worked a day in his life, just one big party. Must be nice.

My husband went to boarding school and has a few friend's from his school like that. We call them 'trustafarians'.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I meet President Bill Clinton, and he listened to my story as he was visiting families who lost their homes during one of the worst wildfires north Florida ever experienced. I met most of the Star Trek crew back in the 70's during a Star Trek convention. I took a picture of my 5 year old daughter wrapping her arms around "Scotty 's" leg. I meet André Aggasi during a tennis match in Palm Coast, FL. He won against, what's his name? The tennis star that always has a tantrum when he loses- bad temperament! I met Ricky Martin when he was a teen with Minudo. One day I'd like to meet the "stars" here at this forum :p