Who are the famous people you've met?

OliveW

Location (City and/or State)
Branford, FL
- Tom Cruise - was a family friend when I was a young teen as my dad and him raced together at Summit Point Raceway. I was infatuated at that age, can't stand him now.

- Steven Tyler when I was 12 years old, backstage at what was then the Capitol Center. I saw other band members but he is the only one I interacted with. He's into very young girls, just sayin'.

- Deidre Hall - December 1989 at Epcot. Our youngest (at that time) was 3 months old, in a stroller wearing Mickey star shaped sunglasses. She stopped, and made her entire entourage stop, to admire him and chat with him. She shared with us that she longed for a baby at that time. I thought it was cool that a star would say something so personal to a stranger in public. She was very, very sweet.

- Dink/Doink the Clown (can't remember which) He was a midget wrestler who my husband instantly recognized, but I had never heard of. He was recovering from a stroke in 2013 in UF Rehab where our son was recovering from a brain injury. We got to know him very well over the months and he's a wonderful person.

- The Jackson Five & family while they were taking a break at Magic Kingdom in Disney World, in the 70's. I was just a kid, but it was exciting. My dad was just showing slides the other day and a few pictures of them came up, or I may have forgotten. Michael was a child also, All the brothers and their mom were lined up sitting on the edge of a concrete planter.

Those are the only ones I can think of off hand.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Haven't heard anyone mention the Capital Center in decades.....saw the Stones there in '81 on the 1st "Final tour"! LOL Local folks will remember the guy that got hit by lighting after the concert...........years later he shows up in my office as a Local 5 plumber looking for work.....he'd actually been hit twice, years apart. Nice guy but a little "off"....guess a couple bolts of Lighting will do that to a person! LMAO

This is a cool thread!

As I read the previous pages.....I realize that it's not really unusual for folks to meet "famous" people.

This could take some time but we'll just throw out a few of the folks for fun....

The original Ronald Macdonald....come on, you guys know who it was, right? I met him on the set of a TV show called Romper Room when I was 6 years old. Willard Scott!

Helen Keller-my mom taught the deaf

Admiral Rickover

1:1 meeting with Carl Icahn for 45 minutes. He was half drunk.....but we still had a great conversation!

VP Bush1- well, before him, first I met the business end of one of his SS agent's weapons....bet my heartrate exceeded 120 then! (mine doesn't speed up likes yours)

Pres Bush1- a drama free visit this time<LOL>

Pres Trump

Kellyanne Conway

Ivanka -simply one of most beautiful women I have ever touched.....no, not in that way! I slid my hands on her waist as I moved to pass behind her so she wouldn't back up....then I trampled her gowns train! Dang, hadn't seen that but she was cool and pretended not to notice....thankfully!

1:1 Dinner with Tom Brokaw. He NEVER talks about himself but is genuinely interested in other views.

Bryant Gumble- not a popular guy on set, not at all.

The Terminators "wife" (ugh- epitome of "gross" imho)

1:1 lunch with the Orioles pitcher Mike Cuellar - still doesn't speak "Well English" but he loosened right up and didn't bust me too badly for my high school Spanish<LOL>

Saw but didn't actually meet....

John Hinkley-He was housed in a St Elizabeth's nuthouse blockhouse...so we all went to see him when we were doing a pjt there. We yelled at him through the windows & kept telling him that Jodie was there to see him.(yeah, we didn't give a fly'in about the guards)

Monica Lewinsky- was working at the Mayflower Hotel in DC when she was there to testify--didn't meet, just saw her.

All nice visits or "meetings" but the one that REALLY stands out, even though it was only a quickly-shaken hand.....maybe because of one of my 1st recollections of 1st grade was coming home to the Cuban crisis on TV.

Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev-remember when he stopped & got out of his car in DC? I always had real respect for him. I did for our President at the time too but Gorby was brave enough and pragmatic enough to end the cold war that many of us grew up with. My kids never had to crawl under their desks at school, I will always be thankful of that.

Like most folks, I will keep remembering other folks I've met after I post this.....

Glad the Great and Powerful Wizard unlocked it!

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Will Smith, Will Farell, Josh Brolin, Jim Carey, Leonardo DiCaprio, Rosario Dawson, Arnold Scwartzeneggar, John C. Reilly, Michelle Rodrigues, Patrick Swayze, Jay Leno, Conan O'Brian, Ellen Degeneres, Drew Carey, Russel Crowe, Quentin Tarrantino, The Cohen Brothers, Danny Aiello, Thomas Jane, Patricia Arquette, David Arqutte, Paul Ruebens, Zoe Saldana, Reese Witherspoon, Michael Jordan, Verne Troyer, Jamie Foxx... Ok. I'm tired of thinking about it now, but the list could go on and on and on...
OK.. I'm outta here.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Come on Tammy, catch up.....it's 2022 already!

LOL

and this just isn't fair;

Will Smith, Will Farell, Josh Brolin, Jim Carey, Leonardo DiCaprio, Rosario Dawson, Arnold Scwartzeneggar, John C. Reilly, Michelle Rodrigues, Patrick Swayze, Jay Leno, Conan O'Brian, Ellen Degeneres, Drew Carey, Russel Crowe, Quentin Tarrantino, The Cohen Brothers, Danny Aiello, Thomas Jane, Patricia Arquette, David Arqutte, Paul Ruebens, Zoe Saldana, Reese Witherspoon, Michael Jordan, Verne Troyer, Jamie Foxx... Ok. I'm tired of thinking about it now, but the list could go on and on and on...

OliveW

Branford, FL
I do remember the lightening guy from the Stones concert! I wouldn’t have until you mentioned it. I know the Capital Center has been through many names, and not sure what it is now, but I still call it the Capital Center. LOL

Same with RFK Stadium. I saw Black Sabbath there as a teenager and not sure what it’s called now. I think that’s the only concert I ever went to there. And the Redskins will always be the Redskins. I refuse to participate in the foolishness that is their renaming.

I forgot to mention Howard Stern – ewwww, I know. I was working at Giant Pharmacy in Bethesday when I was 16 and he came in one night. I had a pen and paper and asked for his autograph. He took the pen and signed my Giant smock across my boob. So obnoxious. I was too young to react, so I just let him do it. He had a radio show in DC at that time. I forget what it was called.

OliveW

Branford, FL

LOL

I agree! Tom needs banned from this thread. 😂 😂 He clearly doesn't live the peasant life the rest of us do.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
You wouldn't be able to post on it if it were closed. Only mods could.
It's been opened.
I was just joking...but was not sure if Yvonne was closing it...thanks! I like this old thread.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
...and hey, all you guys who have met so many famous people, remember, they also met YOU.😁

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
...and hey, all you guys who have met so many famous people, remember, they also met YOU.😁
THAT is a great point.....come to think of it, I should charge my kid to live here......I mean, she gets to live with ME! LOL

Wow, O is a true native....the Cap center was torn down 20 years ago, its a business park now. Fedex replaced the Skins field, I think they play soccer there now but there's talk every couple years to turn RFK into a park after they tear it down....when I tried out, they still played at RFK.

I didn't mention all the ball players cause most are just regular guys earning a living....I took snaps from HOF center Jeff Bostic and their other long snapper at the time, John Brandes.....and just like they say, it came back at 50mph-laces up with Jeff....like coming out of a shotgun!

THAT was Toms list......??.......figures<LOL>!!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.

LOL

This post has been dormant for nine years until I poked it.
I imagine Tom's list is even longer now

OliveW

Branford, FL
THAT is a great point.....come to think of it, I should charge my kid to live here......I mean, she gets to live with ME! LOL

Wow, O is a true native....the Cap center was torn down 20 years ago, its a business park now. Fedex replaced the Skins field, I think they play soccer there now but there's talk every couple years to turn RFK into a park after they tear it down....when I tried out, they still played at RFK.

I didn't mention all the ball players cause most are just regular guys earning a living....I took snaps from HOF center Jeff Bostic and their other long snapper at the time, John Brandes.....and just like they say, it came back at 50mph-laces up with Jeff....like coming out of a shotgun!

THAT was Toms list......??.......figures<LOL>!!

Born and raised. Moved to WV at 18 when I got out of first marriage. Then moved back to Silver Spring 1990-2000. Been completely away from the area since 2000. Moved to FL in 2007, so very out of the loop on current events. I had no idea the Capital Center was torn down. Last I heard it was named after a phone company, but I forget which.

Any yes, Tom is clearly livin' large! LOL