Who else gets excited for income tax returns? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
I am bouncing off the walls waiting for mine. I have ours all done already (all you really need is to have your last pay stubs of the year if you already have the EIN numbers, etc. for your employers) now I am just waiting for Jan. 6 to be able to e-File. We usually get a really good return. I stock up on things, fish foods, filter media, heat/UV bulbs, substrate, etc. every year. It is cheaper to buy in bulk, plus if I need something in an emergency all I have to do is go to the closet and get it.

Plus, we are putting a 10 X 30' addition on to the house, and 10 X 20' of it will be.... My new fish/tort room :) I already have it/the enclosures all planned out. You guys are going to crap your pants when you see this thing, lol.

I have a couple of debts to pay too, and then I am getting a pair of Pancake torts :) I also have my eye on a 250 gallon aquarium for sale locally, I would just love that for my goldfish! (Is it Jan. 6th yet, lol?)

Last year my hubby got a truck and a B.C. Rich Beast (elec. guitar) and this year he wants some tattoos... I do too, but man I really want some more chelonians.....

So... Who hates tax time? Who, like me, loves it? Anyone else planning on any specific "toys?"

(And yes I am starting to feel less sick... LOL!)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I try to figure out how to have them take out the correct amount of my pay each month so that I break even. It bothers me to let the IRS have my money all year long and they don't pay me any interest on it. So I usually have to pay around $50 at tax time. Last year because of the solar system I had installed I received money back for the first time in a long time.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I understand where you are coming from about the interest. With me, it is kind of like... If I just tried to save it in the bank, SOMETHING would happen where I had to spend it. It is Murphy's Law with me. By getting it back in one lump sum, even though it is my money anyway... I know I am gonna get it and it is like a super Christmas. In fact David and I don't buy for each other at Christmas time, we wait until tax time. The kids get all of our Christmas money.

I had a feeling that I was going to be the only poor excited fool....

B K

5 Year Member
Wow how do you get that much back I end up paying a crap load.Thank god the taxes didn't go back up.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I have only ever paid in once in my life - and that was way back when I just started in the cosmetology industry and I think I paid in $50. That was also before I was married and had kids.

We put a lot in, so we get a good chunk back I guess.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I'm excited to do a bunch of tax returns!

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I will be after I put my time in and take the exams! This will be my first tax season as a regular accountant, my first day of work is next Monday and I'm told I'll be putting in 50 hour weeks from the start.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
I like tax time, have not had to pay, so I guess that helps alot!! Mine are done as soon as the last 1099 for my husband is received. I hope to go to Holland next year, so mine is going in the bank!

I worked for H & R Block for a few years, then got tired of the fraud, not to mention some REALLY scary people. Now I hang out with 5 year olds, much better deal if you ask me! LOL!!!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Neal Butler said:
I will be after I put my time in and take the exams! This will be my first tax season as a regular accountant, my first day of work is next Monday and I'm told I'll be putting in 50 hour weeks from the start.

Congrats! You'll like it once the money comes rolling in, lol.

Torty Mom said:
not to mention some REALLY scary people

Try working in a laundrymat. OMG. Seriously, some of these people COMPLETELY skeeve me out, and I am one of those types that gives others the benefit of the doubt probably beyond what they deserve.

This one guy, he has a bald top with really long hair on the back and sides, and really long dirty yellow finger nails and like doesn't ever turn his head on his neck, either follows you with his eyes or turns his whole body... Even other customers have complained that he creeps them out. And I am here all alone for 3 hours or more after dark...

Anyway, I digress :rolleyes:

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
emysemys said:
I try to figure out how to have them take out the correct amount of my pay each month so that I break even. It bothers me to let the IRS have my money all year long and they don't pay me any interest on it. So I usually have to pay around $50 at tax time. Last year because of the solar system I had installed I received money back for the first time in a long time.

Ditto! I would rather pay than get back. That way I know I'm getting the most of my earning power.

The more you get back, the more you have lost, simple math. Just my opinion.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
I pay every year. Not much but still! Ahh I hate Tax time. We have 2 to do (Thank God my dad do them for me) one provincial and one federal. In Quebec, we are the province that is taxed the most :(

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Dang, I am starting to feel bad for even bringing it up! I have always gotten large returns - I guess I had no idea that so many people pay in.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I would rather pay than get some back, I see it as they get to keep my money interest free, but I thought you were gonna get a mata mata, what changed your mind? As to your question I don't hate tax time, but I do not like to see ll the money I pay in taxes.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Too many stories of them doing well for several years and then just up and dying. Obviously there is something that they need in their captive care that we don't know about yet - I will be patient and wait until someone figures out what that is. I don't want to invest that amount of money into one and lose it, even if it is several years down the road.

Also, we were planning on buying a bigger house, and that isn't going to happen for a couple of years yet. The addition will help with space, but the bald fact is I need a basement before I can get everything that I want, lol. So, I am just going to have to prioritize, and while I love my turtles - my torts always come first :) Besides I am just DYING for a little pair of Pancakes, and I have been planning for some time on some Manouria emys emys. Right now it is just a waiting game with the weather.

fhintz

5 Year Member
Fort Myers, FL
You must have really bad reverse allergies . Always on the verge of DYING if you don't get a particular tort :p

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
HAHA, you betcha ;) Although if you ask my husband, it might be the other way around - I'll die if I do get that particular tort!!! ;)

TKCARDANDCOIN

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio
Nope!no money back this year.Even if I did I am pretty sure I would update some enclosures and give them some more room.My sulcata is getting a New shed this spring.I cant wait!It has taken almost a year to save the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.