Who is better equipped to fight bad guys: Batman or Superman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Batman.

He has more money, so he has more social and political influence and therefore he can rally more people to his cause thus being more effective at fighting "bad guys".

Superman's just one man. Aint no one man can save the world by himself.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Actually, Superman can (and has) saved the world by himself! Given the choice of the two? Batman's cooler, but I'd rather be SUPERMAN

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
Careful guys, this is bordering on confrontational.

Mods, please delete this thread and ban all users that were being confrontational.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
DeanS said:
Actually, Superman can (and has) saved the world by himself! Given the choice of the two? Batman's cooler, but I'd rather be SUPERMAN

Pshh, whatever Dean. :) Superman saved the world from Lex Luther yeah, but Superman couldn't save us all from a whole army of Lex Luthers.

Batman could. He's had training for that sort of thing.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
I need to be appointed to an admin position on this site. I can't continue to allow this madness.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
TylerStewart said:
I need to be appointed to an admin position on this site. I can't continue to allow this madness.

Are you bored? Need something to do? Trouble maker:p:D your cracking me up.
BTW The baddest is Super woman:p

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
EricIvins said:
Venom.....

Really? In my mind, Spiderman is just about the wimpiest superhero there is, and HE beat Venom, didn't he? Any superhero that prioritizes a girlfriend over just about anything else is too soft for me :)

I just did a google search to see who would win, and apparently, Superman would pin down batman, but not make the kill. Batman is apparently a cold blooded murderer, so in theory, if he got Superman pinned, he would make the kill. So what I read on the historically accurate google search:

Batman would win, but Superman should win.

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
Batman is a master strategist. He has outmatched and outsmarted many opponents who were super-powered (while he himself is merely human...despite simply having an extended lifespen due to a dip in one of Ra's a Ghul's Lazarus pits).

Superman even entrusted him with a Kryptonite ring for the exact purpose of defeating him [Superman] in case he wasn't himself (something Batman has done more than once). He fought Darkseid to a draw, and outwitted him. Even took on an army of cloned Doomsdays with only a battleaxe.

To answer the original question, Batman is better equipped to fight bad guys.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
TylerStewart said:

Please stay on topic! :p :D

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
StudentoftheReptile said:
Batman is a master strategist. He has outmatched and outsmarted many opponents who were super-powered (while he himself is merely human...despite simply having an extended lifespen due to a dip in one of Ra's a Ghul's Lazarus pits).

Superman even entrusted him with a Kryptonite ring for the exact purpose of defeating him [Superman] in case he wasn't himself (something Batman has done more than once). He fought Darkseid to a draw, and outwitted him. Even took on an army of cloned Doomsdays with only a battleaxe.

To answer the original question, Batman is better equipped to fight bad guys.

Yes, BUT if Superman didn't give him taht Kryptonite ring, Batman wouldn't have stood a chance against him.

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
Superman has two flaws: occasionally flying (literally) into the situation with overconfidence before evaluating all factors, and being a little bit too much of a boy scout and "politically-correct."

CourtneyAndCarl said:
Yes, BUT if Superman didn't give him taht Kryptonite ring, Batman wouldn't have stood a chance against him.

Knowing Batman (Bruce Wayne), he would've eventually acquired one himself anyway.

I think he ended up buying up all stock of the stuff eventually...whatever Luthor didn't already have, at least.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Superman has two flaws: occasionally flying (literally) into the situation with overconfidence before evaluating all factors, and being a little bit too much of a boy scout and "politically-correct."

I would have to agree. I have a huge debate going on at work, actually, between me and a huge batman fan... It's more of an Ironman vs. Batman thing though (Ironman would win, by the way.... :p )

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
CourtneyAndCarl said:
I would have to agree. I have a huge debate going on at work, actually, between me and a huge batman fan... It's more of an Ironman vs. Batman thing though (Ironman would win, by the way.... :p )

Yeeeeah, but Ironman is Marvel and Batman is DC, so it would just not happen, right? Different timeframes, or planets or something, if I understand it right. I'm admittedly not up to date on comic book heroes, and know very little in detail about Superman. Ironman and Batman would be a better match, as they're essentially both "human."

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
TylerStewart said:
CourtneyAndCarl said:

Yeeeeah, but Ironman is Marvel and Batman is DC, so it would just not happen, right? Different timeframes, or planets or something, if I understand it right. I'm admittedly not up to date on comic book heroes, and know very little in detail about Superman. Ironman and Batman would be a better match, as they're essentially both "human."

They are essentially the same character from two different stories! Two dudes who live in their dead fathers' mansions and use the money that said dead father helped them earn to make cool gadgets that help them fight crime :p

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Time to put this debate to bed.

Superman is vulnerable to Kryptonite, ok, someone somewhere is going to figure that out and find a way to destroy Superman. And then what? We're screwed because the hero we all voted for is dead and Batman was offended and became overweight and can no longer even fight off a mere fly. So we have no one to turn to.

Now, if we elect the Batman as the most equip to fight off bad guys, he's going to take care of as AND help us figure out how to defend ourselves. Did you see the last Batman movie? The guy doesn't even need to fight bad guys anymore. "Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime".

BOOM!

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
Batman is TOTALLY smarter than Ironman. I do agree it would be an even match, but Stark is a tad more cocky and arrogant for his own good. Batman would be a mere few seconds ahead of him, and that's all he would need.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Batman is TOTALLY smarter than Ironman. I do agree it would be an even match, but Stark is a tad more cocky and arrogant for his own good. Batman would be a mere few seconds ahead of him, and that's all he would need.

I would have to disagree, about Batman being smarter. I think Ironman is more cocky, yes, and kind of gives off the "I'm better than you for no reason" vibe... but usually he actually is better than you :p Batman has more physical skill, as far as martial arts is concerned, but Ironman also has more gadgets.

Status
Not open for further replies.