Who wants to guess Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
These next two are the rest of the fearsome foursome. The smallest (which is just barely into the size for making a guess on gender) and the largest of the group. I really apologize for the lack of quality on the shots of the last one especially.

Subject #3

100_0136.jpg

100_0139.jpg

Subject #4

100_0149.jpg

100_0147.jpg

100_0148.jpg

The two together..sorta

100_0153.jpg

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
See, I was thinking both females. But then I am usually at least half wrong. :D
I agree with Terryo Love the marbleing.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Crazy1 said:
See, I was thinking both females. But then I am usually at least half wrong. :D
I agree with Terryo Love the marbleing.

You're both right about marbling.. and Robyn about both females. At least #4.. watch #3 - might change into male [ too small now ].

What are the SCL on them Jacqui?

NERD

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Redfoot NERD said:
You're both right about marbling.. and Robyn about both females. At least #4.. watch #3 - might change into male [ too small now ].

What are the SCL on them Jacqui?

NERD

I'd give that measurement to you, but am in MO this week to take my last CDL driving test (which I did today and amazing passed.:p) so I don't have them near to measure.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Congratulation on passing your CDL (Commercial Driving License) test Jacqui. Why MO? I know different states have different laws and requirements. My son in law just passed his CDL a month a go here in CA he works for Universal Studios so it increases what he can do when the writers or actors strike. :D
Again Congratulations. Guess now you will be taking those cross country trips with hubby?

elegans

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I am with Terry on this one, I think that number 3 could go either way, but I think that #4 is most likely (90%) a female. Nice animals congrats Douglas

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Crazy1 said:
Congratulation on passing your CDL (Commercial Driving License) test Jacqui. Why MO? I know different states have different laws and requirements. My son in law just passed his CDL a month a go here in CA he works for Universal Studios so it increases what he can do when the writers or actors strike. :D
Again Congratulations. Guess now you will be taking those cross country trips with hubby?

Thanks. MO because I was trained by my husband (so no costs and I can take off time when I want to) thru his company (Prime) which is out of MO. I already have been off and on for the last year, when things are slow at home. Still will not be full time and in a year my last child who lives at home will be going to college, so no more truck trips for me. :( I was mostly tempted to get the license, because the company tends to only allow teams to go to CA especially (AZ and FL a bit). Which are three places I really wanted more chances to see more of.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
elegans said:
I am with Terry on this one, I think that number 3 could go either way, but I think that #4 is most likely (90%) a female. Nice animals congrats Douglas

These two are my favorites of the four. Not so much for looks, especially with #3 , but because it's the runt. :D Number 4 is the one who got me back into the Redfoots. I saw it and loved the coloring, but held off buying it for over 6 months. Finally I gave in as nobody bought it and it kept getting more and more pyramiding. After that one, each RF became easier to decide to take in. :D

Now it's starting to look like I need to start shopping around for a male. Funny because for months, I had avoided looking to see what gender I thought they would be. Really expected to end up with all males. Was actually surprised at what I saw when I did break down and look. You all have confirmed my thoughts on them, which is nice to find out.

Any body have any spare handsome guys for sale? :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Jacqui: My sister was a truck driver until she fell backwards off the step and slapped the pavement with her wrist, breaking it (and hitting her head too). She's been on disability (Workman's compensation) for the past 5 years while they decide if she's disabled or not. In the meantime, she has gone from having perfect credit to being dunned constantly by her credit card company because the workman's compensation doesn't meet her bills. Let alone food and animal food, electricity, etc. She worked for Swift and drove to all the states, but mostly here on the west coast. She has a 29lb cat, Bubba, who was her companion driver. When they stopped at a rest stop, he walked on a leash. They got some looks, I can tell you!!

Congrats on passing your test. Its nice for your hubby to have company on those long lonely trips.

Yvonne

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Redfootedboxturtles said:
instead of getting a male, i think you should just sell me all of yours ! = ))

:D I'll take that as a very flattering comment. Truth is, it takes dynamite for any animal once it comes here, to get to leave.:D 'Sides won't take long for your shelter to become over run with RFs and you'll have to be sending me your extras. :D :D

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
emysemys said:
Hi Jacqui: My sister was a truck driver until she fell backwards off the step and slapped the pavement with her wrist, breaking it (and hitting her head too). She's been on disability (Workman's compensation) for the past 5 years while they decide if she's disabled or not. In the meantime, she has gone from having perfect credit to being dunned constantly by her credit card company because the workman's compensation doesn't meet her bills. Let alone food and animal food, electricity, etc. She worked for Swift and drove to all the states, but mostly here on the west coast. She has a 29lb cat, Bubba, who was her companion driver. When they stopped at a rest stop, he walked on a leash. They got some looks, I can tell you!!

Congrats on passing your test. Its nice for your hubby to have company on those long lonely trips.

Yvonne

This Maggie your talking about right? That sure sucks that it's taking them so long to give it to her. Not too many trucking cats out there, and none that big that I have saw yet. :D

I really have a hard time, when I can't be at home with my animals. I truly do suffer withdrawals I think. :D At the same time, when not around him I miss him. Like I have said before, he has nothing in the looks department (but then neither does fat old me), but he has brains and a wonderful sense of humor. He has become my best friend.

Only have this one year to spend the time with him and finally see and enjoy the country. Never before understood the diversity of our land. How no two mountains are even close to looking the same. Nice to also see and area and put a member's location to it. Easier to understand their world that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.