Who wants to take a guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
I thought maybe we could use some fun and the threads asking folks to guess on the sex normally seem kinda fun. So here is an offering of two Redfoots.

First off, remember that I am not good at taking pictures, nor does it seem my animals are good at having their pictures taken.

Second these guys were not bought because they are beautiful, that's only true in my eyes. These poor guys pulled my heart strings because of their pyramiding. Fortunately it's not as bad as it once was.

Subject #1

100_0117-1.jpg

100_0118-1.jpg

100_0121-1.jpg

100_0122-1.jpg

Subject #2

100_0134-1.jpg

100_0125-1.jpg

100_0133-1.jpg

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Ok Jacqui, I don't sex these very well but I am going to make a stab at it. Subject #1 is female, subject #2 male.
I think they are are *beautiful*, even if they have had a little pyramiding. We all strive to have the perfect smooth shell. But some of these little ones start out life on ruff notes and so finding them and caring for them with some inperfections make them no less beautiful than the smooth shells. Just a little bumpier. :D

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
I'm clueless but they are beautiful!!

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
The U shape anal scutes make me think they are both girls. Time will tell. The 2nd is a cherry head = ) ,(if you didnt already know)

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
I'm going to say 2 females Jacqui :D They both look great :D

Danny

elegans

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
You did not mention how big they are straight line? That is always a factor; as I have NEVER had an animal that I thought was a male turn into a female, but the other way around more than once! LOL They look great and could have been raised better, but no worries. I have some truly horrible rescues that after a couple of years are doing just fine and producing perfect offspring. Congrats and I will not guess sex until I have a better idea as to how big they are. Best wishes Douglas Beard / Flora & Fauna

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Yep, I knew it, I'm out-numbered, but I knew I would get at least one right. :p

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Ditto what Douglas said Jacqui.

Based on 'proportions' they look to be approaching maybe 5"? And 'still' look to be females. #1 is Northern.. #2 is Brazilian - aka Cherryhead.

Terry K

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
elegans said:
You did not mention how big they are straight line? That is always a factor; as I have NEVER had an animal that I thought was a male turn into a female, but the other way around more than once! LOL They look great and could have been raised better, but no worries. I have some truly horrible rescues that after a couple of years are doing just fine and producing perfect offspring. Congrats and I will not guess sex until I have a better idea as to how big they are. Best wishes Douglas Beard / Flora & Fauna

:D They do have a way of "changing" sexes don't they? :D I live by the philosophy that it is all just a guess (and the more educated the more accurate it can be), but nothing is for sure until it either lays eggs or you see it flashing you. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.