who's got the girls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayne.bob

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
iowa
i was just wondering if anyone knew where i can find some female Russian torts. i really don't want to buy from the pet store.

thanks everyone

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Good Luck!! I have been looking and haven't found any but the 1.1 pair Nay is sending, I did see another one but he wanted way more then I was going to pay. There is a guy on turtletimes that said he had a female but never produced tail pics to confirm that. I will see if I can find his email add for you. I looked, but unfortunatly yahoo deleted all emails that were in my trash can this weekend. Sorry, Try putting wanted posts up on some sites.

Tatooineboy

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I think I'll be getting two from a woman on the yahoo Russian Tort group. She incubated them in the high 80s, so that usually determines their sex (I believe). They're captive bred, too. If you want, I can have her contact you?

wayne.bob

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
iowa
I think I'll be getting two from a woman on the yahoo Russian Tort group. She incubated them in the high 80s, so that usually determines their sex (I believe). They're captive bred, too. If you want, I can have her contact you?

did she only have hatchlings or does she also have adults. i want to be able to put my males with females (after quarantine) i don't want the Males to be bigger than the females because i don't want them to get beat up without the ability to put the boys in there places.

i too have only found 1.1 pair or 1.2 pair. it wont help me though because i would have more males than females

Tatooineboy

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Not sure what she has now. I bought the last two of her hatchlings.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
wayne.bob said:
i too have only found 1.1 pair or 1.2 pair. it wont help me though because i would have more males than females

Well you could start another group..But I will keep my eyes out for both of us then.

wayne.bob

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
iowa
sounds like a deal!!!! i will also let you know if i find any.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
wayne.bob said:
sounds like a deal!!!! i will also let you know if i find any.

Cool... I did find two today but he said he had a ton of replies, but I guess the first one with cash gets them.

wayne.bob

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
iowa
was that on Turtle times?

i sent him a message a couple of days ago. and no reply yet.
i just posted a wanted add on TT. if anyone contacts me i will be sure to inform you with the info jenrell23
we are in this search together. LOLOL

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
That was the ad. I did that a while back and I got emails for males.

wayne.bob

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
iowa
well we will see what happens and hopefully we can find some Females somewhere.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I just sent a msg to guy on a forum here he has 2 girls 45 bucks each. we will see.

wayne.bob

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
iowa
Good luck, i hope you can get them. (if they are healthy and all)

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I have two awesome breeding size female russian tortoises. If someone wants to send me a male maybe we can do some kind of breeding loan or trade for future hatchlings.

wayne.bob

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
iowa
I have two awesome breeding size female russian tortoises. If someone wants to send me a male maybe we can do some kind of breeding loan or trade for future hatchlings.

i don't know how long it will be before i could get hatchlings. or i probably would trade.

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
My females are at least 10 years in captivity. I have no idea how old they are but they are about twice the size of the ones your usually see for sale. These girls are breeder size. But I can never find a good breeding age male. Probably awhile. My girls are used to the florida weather, and they hibernate every year so they are ready to go. But getting a new male to breed , it could be right away or take a long time. Who knows. I would guess at least one year of getting settled in.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
I think the general rule of thumb is females need to be at least 6"

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
If someone on here is really good with russians and can breed them let me know. MY girls need a male.

Status
Not open for further replies.