Whos' to say it's big enough?

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
I do agree many other European countries take better care of their animals than we do, and that's a sad thing, because animal care should go 100% everywhere :(
This may be a little off topic but here goes. It seems like in the US there are little pockets of animal friendly areas and towns. Could it be that because our society is so quick to sue people etc. that businesses especially our wary of having dogs around? and all the problems that come up with aggressive non-socialized dogs? I have many friends with guide dogs and they have frequent issues with aggressive unsocialized uncontrolled dogs in public. I don't know any blind people in Europe, I wonder if they have the same issues? I'm not sure how many people use guide dogs over there but it would be interesting to compare. I also think that Americans are very fickle, they like something for a while then they don't. They get a tortoise for while then they decide they're bored with it.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Americans seem to be a bit stuffy about a lot of things compared to European countries. I could be wrong, it just seems that way to me.

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Switzerland
Here in europe there's also a huge difference on what the enthusiasts do and what everyone else does. There's enough animals living in inadecuate enclosures over here too. My neighbour in Italy almost let her nieces tortoise fall 9 floors down because she let it loose on the balcony.

That was my last statement. Sorry Yvonne! :oops:

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Let's don't turn this into a us or them debate, please.
I would prefer a compare and contrast discussion. we can learn from each other, the more information we have overall the better for everybody. I think we can all agree that individuals on both sides of the pond do things right and wrong.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
I give my turtles and tortoises the largest enclosures inside and out, that we can do, which is pretty generous.
As long as we know what our particular species likes and do the best we can to provide that, I think we're good.
It makes me happy that people in other countries care so much.
The more that care, the luckier the reptile/ animal.
:)