why can't i upload pictures the past few days?

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
I've seen other posts referencing trouble uploading pictures. I also cannot upload any. I have tried to respond to a few posts and wanted pictures to illustrate some experiments and results, but nothing is working. I try to upload as I always have, and when the progress bar is just about done, I get an error message that there way a problem uploading. I'd post a screen shot, but I cannot upload it LOL!!

A red bar where the progress bar was shows:" The following error occurred"

below that it says "There was a problem uploading your file"

I gave it a day or so thinking it would correct, but it is still the same and I have some posts I'd love to share...

@Yvonne G
@Josh

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Seems to be a common complaint these past couple days. Let me try it. . .

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The following error occurred
There was a problem uploading your file.

10-30-11 photo contest dscn5552.jpg

I got an error message (above). I'll refer it to Josh.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I can't even cut and paste pictures from my own photo folders anymore either, yet it has let me paste pics from other websites.

Photos are a valuable way of helping each other with problems that are difficult to describe so I hope it's fixed soon.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
This problem has been reported to our Admin, Josh. He's looking into it.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
If you have Google Photos, Dropbox, or Google Drive installed on your phone, upload the photo to any of them.

Then tap on the picture you want to post on TFO, and look for the "Share" icon. Tap that, and find "copy link", or "copy to clipboard".Then paste the link in your TFO app. Easy Peasy!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
If you have Google Photos, Dropbox, or Google Drive installed on your phone, upload the photo to any of them.

Then tap on the picture you want to post on TFO, and look for the "Share" icon. Tap that, and find "copy link", or "copy to clipboard".Then paste the link in your TFO app. Easy Peasy!
I lost you at " If you have " :D

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Hhhmmm, easy but not a real fix or a practical solution.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Hhhmmm, easy but not a real fix or a practical solution.
True, Mark. But it is a workaround until Josh gets it all back to working.

If I had a looming catastrophe ahead, I would use it to quickly post photos. Sometimes symptoms won't wait til our circumstances are perfect before blasting into full-blown sickness. It can happen so very quickly

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
True, Mark. But it is a workaround until Josh gets it all back to working.

If I had a looming catastrophe ahead, I would use it to quickly post photos. Sometimes symptoms won't wait til our circumstances are perfect before blasting into full-blown sickness. It can happen so very quickly

Yeah, that works for folks who have Google Photos, DropBox and/or Google Drive installed - but Id venture to say most folks don’t. Anyhow - hope they get it fixed! / I just tried a new image & the issue id still on-going/ :-(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Just to keep you all in the loop - The Tortoise Forum has grown too big for its britches and has to be moved to a larger space (that's why pictures are sporadic). He's trying to move us so as to not lose any of our historical data and with the least possible interruption. So please understand - he IS working on it and hopefully it will be resolved soon.