Why did you choose your username?

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
Just curious :)

What does your username mean and why did you choose it?

I'll go first:
Gomberg is my last name. Ever since my husband and I married we refer to our family unit as "Team Gomberg". We use that term a lot and so do all our family and friends when talking to/about us.

SpdTrtl

10 Year Member!
Austin, TX
I had a shirt about 15+ yrs ago with a glow in the dark turtle. It said Speed Turtle. It was my fav shirt till I outgrew it...I then passed it along to my daughter ...my friends called me SpdTrtl because of that silly shirt . Lame story. :p

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My special interest in tortoises is having success at breeding and hatching Manouria. Since they are called Manouria emys emys and Manouria emys phayrei, I chose emysemys as my username. However after having it for many years, I've decided it no longer fits me. So now my username is just my name. And since there are two other "Yvonnes" on the Forum, I put my last initial after it.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Lol when I was younger we got our first computer and I set up an AOL SN, my last names miller, and my cousin was like millerlite, it was originally millerlyte, but I changed it. I've been usin the name for well past 10 years now idk

Redari

5 Year Member
Alberta, Canada
I made mine up awhile ago, a mixture of my favorite color and my nickname, just a nonsense word that I use because it's never taken as a username!

I use it on all things internet.

Balboa

5 Year Member
PNW
When the wife brought home our first rescue redfoot, the kids decided to name him Rocky... referring to the obvious walking rock analogy I'm sure... so when trying to come up with a username for here I made the Rocky Balboa connection. :)

WillTort2

5 Year Member
The tortoise that was gifted to me by a coworker, that could not prevent him from digging up the yard and escaping, is named William. I shortened it to Will; the name Will was already taken for the forum; so I just added "tortoise" to the end of "Will".,

GotTort

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
My tortoise's name is Gotleib. I had chosen the name before I got a tortoise (why is a whole other story). So I selected the screen name GotTort as a play on tort's name and the fact that I finally got a tort.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
These are awesome stories!

Thanks everyone for sharing. It's really neat to hear who chose what name and why.

I always guessed "wellington" was Barb's last name. ;) I was wrong.

Yvonne, your username change is what prompted me to post this. It made me curious :p

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
I pretty much have used this username for everything on the internet for as long as I can remember having a computer.

The story behind it is kind of dumb, I think so anyways. Back in high school (like 10years ago) my group of friends decided that we were a "sandwich". We all had a nickname as part of it and I was the Mayo. The nickname stuck for quite a few years. No one calls me it anymore but I have always used the sn immayo (It was also my license plate for awhile but I got tired of people asking me what it meant so I recently changed it haha)