Why do we love our tortoises?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ixretro

5 Year Member
Its amazing the bond between tortoise and human. We love our tortoises as our own. But what are the things that give you that surge of feeling towards your best friend? (or friends)
Write a couple of things on why you love your tort!
Just a couple of reasons why I love George, my Russian Tortoise.
1. I love when I come near his enclosure and he looks at me like, "Do you have food?"
2. I love catching the rare occasions when George yawns.
3. I love when he blinks!
4. I love that he thinks he is spidertortoise and scales walls.
You can check George out here if you want: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKCRZu34GSQ
I love him sooo much! I love showing off his cuteness!!!!

laurun3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, IL
Lol love the video.

I haven't had them that long...But I love my torts...
1. When I go to give them a fruit treat and they go for my fingers first.
2. When they face plant because they climb down a slope too fast. They're ok of course!
3. When every single time I walk by their enclosure they just stare at me.
4. When I soak them and they try to escape for dear life because it's just so terrible!
5. When instead of going to the bathroom while soaking they poo and pee all over my floor when they're out for exercise...wait i don't love that part lol

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1. When Tallula is in her pot, sometimes when I walk past, she pulls her head right out and peers around the side at me - too funny.
2. When she's sunbathing, head, neck, legs splayed out to the max !
3. When she wags her little tail from side to side, the cutest thing ever.
4. When she's in a seriously feisty mood, she likes to rearrange her enclosure.
5. When I put her in the bath for a nice warm soak....she moves backwards a couple times from excitement!

Mow'scaretaker

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
1. When I walk in the room Mow always looks and barks (Makes some type of noise don't really know how to classify it :)).
2. When I take him out for some excersise he always looks for worms and wont ever give up!
3. When he walks he wags his tail! Absolutly adorable! :)
4. Mow loves to play peek-a-boo! He'll stick his little head out of his hide and when I look over he'll bring it back in, then when I look away he'll bring it back out!
5. He loves to rearrange his encloser too!
Gosh I love my RF he's the best. Such a personality!

- Trina

Weloveourtortoise

5 Year Member
Gardner, MA
1. We love Charlie's little back legs and little knobby knees.... they're soooo cute.
2. When we walk into his room and he picks his head up and looks at us.
3. His little bubble-gum-colored tongue.
4. We love how he LOVES his butternut squash. He will be digging in the corner of his tank and see us out of the corner of his eye when we're holding a piece of BNS. We will hold a piece near his food dish and he will SPRINT across his tank and attack the squash.
5. We love how he climbs up on top of his hiding log -- and then tumble over the other side. So FUNNY
6. We LOVE how he'll fall asleep sitting on our chest, it's so adorable with his little eyes are closed.
7. His cold breath. Sometimes, when he's sitting on our chest, we'll feel this powerful cold blast of air from his little nostrils.

sadie tortoise

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
1. We love when sadie sits in the corner of her enclosure peaking over the paper border and sits there and waits till we bring her on the couch with us so she can burrow under the warm blankets.
2. I love when we get home from a few days away and her lights been off and she builds a mountain of substrate under her light so she can get closer....she's so smart
3. We love her because she is really funny outside. We take her outside every other day or so the the steep hill for excercise. She gets herself into some prediciments and just stares at me till I move her to more stable footing.
4. When my boyfriend plays guitar near her she always perks up and bee-bops her head
5. When she is on the driveway trying to find little rocks to eat she always bits at the cement cause there are litle pebbles in it. She never gets them out but she sure tries haha.
6. When I share my cherries with her she would gobble them so fast that she squirts juice out her nose (I only allowed that to happen the first time but it was pretty funny how excited she got.)

Madortoise

5 Year Member
It's because she gets me and all the others who come to know her in touch with our buddha-nature!

Carina and Stu

5 Year Member
1. When Stu knocks on his window to come out of his viv (currently building him a tort table tho!)
2. The way he gobbles his food so quick he almost chokes! (but doesn't, thankfully!)
3. When he runs towards me and hurdles over all the obstacles in his viv when I come to put fresh food in his viv
4. When he headbutts everything that gets in his way when he's feeling feisty
5. When he just sits on me when I stroke his shell... he loves it!
6. When I look for him in his viv and then realise he's on top of his log, head stretched all the way out staring straight at me! hahaha!

This is a lovely thread, thank you for starting it!
Continue, continue!

Shelli

5 Year Member
Antigua West Indies
I love Olive because she's brave and full of character.. & she appreciates my cooking!! haha

George

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
- I love it when george and frankie stick their heads out of the substrate like dinasours every morning when the light goes on.
- I love it when they rush their food when hungrey.
- I love that george allows frankie to push her out of her hole even though george is the oldest.
- I also love their back, elephant like, legs
- that they wag their tails backwards and forwards
- when they yawn and squeak
- that they try to run away after soaking, and boy can they move!
- that they look at your like "what now" when you approach their home
- that they are the most intelligent, beautiful creatures i have ever had and i love them!

Status
Not open for further replies.