Why I can hear my Red foot making snapping sounds with it's mouth?

willee638

Location (City and/or State)
HK
I own a red foot tortoise & I occasionally hear her making snapping sounds from it's mouth, why's that? Tortoises have no teeth so where does it make the sound from? Does it have a problem I'm not aware of from normal behaviours? I noticed my baby tortoise doesn't eat a lot on most days & her weight seems light, as I weigh her every few days & noticed she has gotten lighter than on a previous occasion. Should I be concerned since she seems still bromates most of the day if I didn't take her out for natural sunlight & feeding, she only defecate every few days probably from haven't been feeding much. I have installed a UVA+UVB mercury vapor full spectrum bulb, but she still spends all her time in a shaded hiding place except coming out to drink once in a while..

Kipley

Location (City and/or State)
Seattle, WA
My Adult male Redfoot sometimes makes a clucking or snapping noise. It was only 58 degrees F here today, but very nice in the sun. He hadn't been outside since Auguse to I took him out for 5 minutes and he "clucked" three times. I assume it was from enjoying the solar warmth.