Why I Never Complain About Summer Heat

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Yeah… you guys don't live in Phoenix or the SoCal desert…

110 here today and 111 forecasted for tomorrow. Its hot.

Its been near or over 100 every day since June started. No sign of it cooling until November.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Yeah… you guys don't live in Phoenix or the SoCal desert…

110 here today and 111 forecasted for tomorrow. Its hot.

Its been near or over 100 every day since June started. No sign of it cooling until November.
We have been warm here also, no 100s but we been near 90 for a stretch now. It's not the heat as much as it is the humidity. I just looked to see what the temp is and it's 85 at 9:20 pm with a nice breeze off the river.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That's the only reason I like living where I do. The heat and humidity isn't as bad as most southern/warm states. I can take dry heat, I can't take the humidity. We do have a lot of humid days, and can easily get into the 90's. But it's never like what some of you are getting. There is a benefit to living in the snowy states.

Len B

10 Year Member!
I'd gladly change locale with you, Len.
The steam doesn't impress me. Just my tortoises.
I think I'll stay right here, I'd have to learn a whole new environment and weather possibilities that might pop up. Here I know to expect the unexpected. How far is Rock Hill from the Clifton - Cowpens area ?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Rock Hill is in York county. Very close to Cowpens.
Carowinds amusement park is in York county South Carolina and Charlotte North Carolina.
It's central northern South Carolina.
I live in south Florida now. But South Carolina will always be my home.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Rock Hill is in York county. Very close to Cowpens.
Carowinds amusement park is in York county South Carolina and Charlotte North Carolina.
It's central northern South Carolina.
I live in south Florida now. But South Carolina will always be my home.
I have many relatives (and ancestors) in that area of South Carolina, In fact that is where Turtulas lived..

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I hate winter and snow! Our summers are a bit humid but not hot. High in the mid 70s today and it's july. I live a mile from lake Erie though so humid is a given. I hate our winters!

MichaelaW

5 Year Member
Harlingen, TX
I live as close to the equator as you can possibly get in the US and I wouldn't trade it for anywhere else. I put on a jacket when it drops to 70 degrees.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I live as close to the equator as you can possibly get in the US and I wouldn't trade it for anywhere else. I put on a jacket when it drops to 70 degrees.
I put on shorts and t shirt when it hits the 60s!

Len B

10 Year Member!
I wish we could have saved a little of the summer heat. No snow here but unusual very cold temps, (the last 24 hours 14 to 24 F) By watching the news the cold is almost nation wide in the US. And some parts are getting pounded with snow and single digit temps.I hope everyone is doing OK during this cold spell. I'm not complaining about the weather, It doesn't do any good anyway.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's really been nice here. 60s during the day with mid 30s at night. With a light jacket on, it's ideal working outside weather.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
It's really been nice here. 60s during the day with mid 30s at night. With a light jacket on, it's ideal working outside weather.
This is just sheer morbid curiosity, but when they walk out in the snow like that does it hurt them at all? I realize and I'm guessing it's probably only for a couple of minutes. I was curious does the sudden temperature drop cause them to get ill? I realize they can't live in the snow, and that's not what I'm implying, but just the initial walk out into it.

Prairie Mom

Your snow pictures always blow my mind! I Just can't let my girl out in it! Love LOVE LOVE your photos though

Len B

10 Year Member!
Your snow pictures always blow my mind! I Just can't let my girl out in it! Love LOVE LOVE your photos though
He seems to enjoy the snow,(but who really knows what goes through a tortoise"s mind) He sometimes stays out in it longer than I feel he should, but he always goes back in his house to warm up when he's ready.. Glad to see you"re back.