Why is my tortoise skin tearing

Andrew01

Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas Nevada
So today I was looking at his legs and it looks like it’s ripped In both of the back legs I will try to get a picture when I can.

Andrew01

Las Vegas Nevada
I’m going to detail what it looks like since I can’t get a picture, so the regular skin on the leg is ripped and I can see white

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Until we can see a picture, wrap the edge of the shell with duct tape to protect the injuries. Then dab on some first aid cream

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
When Vlad was younger I used blue painter's tape around some of the sharp edges of his shell to avoid it frmo cutting into his legs when he tried to climb things.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Any brand - Neosporin springs to mind.

Andrew01

Las Vegas Nevada
It’s kind of hard to see in the pictures but my tortoise skin is ripping not on the face but the stretchy part on both legs and now I see under the neck why ?

E668B7C0-11A0-4AB5-9CF5-028D6B30F7D4.jpeg2906412E-9DB8-4CEA-BE48-BFBDDE12565C.jpeg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm unable to see what you're talking about.

The skin on a tortoise's neck does flake and shed. Maybe that's what you're seeing???

Read our care sheet for your species and make sure you have this baby set up in the proper environment.

Garland

The skin on a tortoise's neck does flake and shed. Maybe that's what you're seeing???

Read our care sheet for your species and make sure you have this baby set up in the proper environment.
How do you find the care sheet?

Andrew01

Las Vegas Nevada

And it looks like a very light green or white color ? And you have to zoom in on the neck to see it, I will try to post better pictures later

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief

Could you also point out what’s wrong with its belly. He made a Thread but we don’t know what’s going on.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Andrew, I'm very worried about this baby tortoise. I can't see the skin problem you're concerned about, but in every picture you've put up the baby's eyes are closed. This is a sign of a pretty sick little baby tortoise. Please post pictures of the baby's enclosure, with the baby in the enclosure. What lights are you using. What species is the tortoise?

zovick

10 Year Member!
Andrew, I'm very worried about this baby tortoise. I can't see the skin problem you're concerned about, but in every picture you've put up the baby's eyes are closed. This is a sign of a pretty sick little baby tortoise. Please post pictures of the baby's enclosure, with the baby in the enclosure. What lights are you using. What species is the tortoise?

Actually the tortoise appears at or very near death in the most recent photos. Are you sure it is still alive? Maybe what you are seeing in the neck is the beginning stages of decomposition.

Andrew01

Las Vegas Nevada
He does open his eyes but most of the time he’s just sleeping but I can assure he still opens his eyes and he moves a little again and when I give him soaks he still try’s to get out