Why We Love Turtles and Tortoises

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools

For World Turtle Day, 2014, theTurtleRoom collaborated with our good friends at Garden State Tortoise and Arizona Tortoise Compound to bring you what we feel is our best video yet. Hear direct from the source as we answer the question "why turtles and tortoises?" which we all have been asked before. It is our pleasure to bring this video to you, and we are hoping you enjoy it as much as we do.

Let me know what you think :)

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Great job to everyone, of course all your tortoises and turtles are great. Really neat to see a collaboration,

Kyle

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cool video thanks for sharing .

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Thanks everyone! Happy you liked it! Collaborations like these really are my favorite thing in the world. (I think I mentioned that in the video, haha)

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
Really came out great man. We gotta do more stuff like this.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Yes that video was great it's how we all feel but they put it into words . Thank you -great job

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

Lady Thompson

5 Year Member
Great video! I like it and loved seeing all the different torts and turtles in it. :)

glaerey

5 Year Member
i like the last part very much. the diversity of life indeed!
do you happen to have a still pic on that?

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
i like the last part very much. the diversity of life indeed!
do you happen to have a still pic on that?
We don't. I really wished we did when I was making the video, because I would have used it as the thumbnail. Andrew might have one, since it was his video clip, but I never saw one.

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon

For World Turtle Day, 2014, theTurtleRoom collaborated with our good friends at Garden State Tortoise and Arizona Tortoise Compound to bring you what we feel is our best video yet. Hear direct from the source as we answer the question "why turtles and tortoises?" which we all have been asked before. It is our pleasure to bring this video to you, and we are hoping you enjoy it as much as we do.

Let me know what you think :)

what kind of turtle is that at 2:00 with the red legs

Turtlepete

South Florida
Definitely your best video yet...I think thats the best turtle video I've seen. I think it could really help people understand the hobby. Great stuff, thank you so much for making it. :)

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
I thoroughly enjoyed it also. Maybe we could get other members to do a short video briefly explaining their story and do a grand video one day. Testimonials are just awesome and should be applauded

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
Love it!

I grew up catching painteds off the dock at my grandmas lake...I had my special "turtle bucket" that they went into for an hour or two before I'd release them. I'd feed em some of the minnows we had for bait. Was always interested in chelonians, but "grew out of it" a bit when I got to be a teenager who was "too cool" to camp out at the end of the dock for hours catching turtles. Last summer, my grandma passed away after losing her fifth battle with cancer. I was really struggling with her loss...she was more my mom than anyone growing up and one of my best friends. I kept finding that, more than anything, I would have given anything to sit on that dock with her catching turtles, eating bologna sandwiches, and watching Land Before Time after lunch for the 10 millionth time. So, I did my research, bought a Hermanns from Chris (named Littlefoot), and I've been absolutely thrilled with him...It's going to be a lifelong hobby for sure, and a great way to remember the most wonderful, beautiful woman I ever knew.