Wi-Fi Thermometer-Hygrometer Syggestjnn

billiondollars

Location (City and/or State)
USA
I am looking for the suggestions on the wi-fi thermometer-hygrometer.

I built a ‘smart’ outside night/day enclosure where devices operated by Alexa, however, I am having issues with wi-if thermometer I got (works Tuya/Smart Home).

It has 5 degrees Celsius difference with non-Wi-Fi thermometers I have, so I cannot properly use it for automations.

Can someone suggest something reliable that, ideally works with Alexa? (If not it’s also fine).

Thank you

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Check out AcuRite “family” of weather stations. I have a wifi enabled with 4 separate sensors that send out/monitor temp & humidity.

billiondollars

USA
@Markw84 uses, likes, and recommends "Sensor Push". They work on blue tooth, and they offer a wifi sending unit too.

Tom, I was hoping to get your response in this thread! Are you using something to monitor conditions when you're away?

This is the one I believe I will be going with, the only hesitation was that according to their Q&A on Amazon I didn't get a clear understanding if it works with Alexa, probably not, but as long as I can get a notification I can manually trigger other devices from the phone. Not ideal, but still a good solution.

Check out AcuRite “family” of weather stations. I have a wifi enabled with 4 separate sensors that send out/monitor temp & humidity.

This looks pretty cool! How 'durable' is it? one of the reviews said it had to be replaced a year after. Is it something to worry about? I think I can use it for my purposes.

billiondollars

USA

It does work with Alexa, I found this: https://support.acurite.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022866813-Amazon
Which one do you use for your sulcatas? I am thinking about which one to go with. Thanks again for the suggestion!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA